Porsche customer service

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Macandriver

Post by Macandriver »

We recently returned from a trip to the Lake District/Yorkshire Dales. It was the first long trip we'd taken the car on, and when we stopped for supplies in Kendal the TPM warning came on. It was late Saturday with a public holiday Monday so I topped up the air at a service station and called Porcshe Kendal on the Tuesday morning as the TPM error hadn't gone away and the tyre pressure seemed OK with no additional loss. I asked them if they could just check the tyre pressure as I suspected that the petrol station air pump gauges were out or a TPM sensor was faulty. Even though the car is still under warranty Porsche Kendal said they would charge us for a full service even just to put air in the tyres. Needless to say I took it to Kwikfit who confirmed that the tyres were fine but needed more air. They did that for free.

The TPM error didn't go away however so we called our local OPC at Mid Sussex on our return. They took the car in straight away free of charge and corrected the air pressure. Apparently Kwikfit didn't top up the air correctly either. The TPM error is now gone. No fuss, no charge and happy customers.

So with an identical issue Porsche Kendal were really poor and Porsche Mid Sussex were really good. I guess it's who you're dealing with.
Porsche code http://www.porsche-code.com/PHDZWZV6
Petrol S deposit 17 Oct 2015: Lockdown 6 Jun 2016: Collected 14 Oct 2016

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Macandriver wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:14 pm We recently returned from a trip to the Lake District/Yorkshire Dales. It was the first long trip we'd taken the car on, and when we stopped for supplies in Kendal the TPM warning came on. It was late Saturday with a public holiday Monday so I topped up the air at a service station and called Porcshe Kendal on the Tuesday morning as the TPM error hadn't gone away and the tyre pressure seemed OK with no additional loss. I asked them if they could just check the tyre pressure as I suspected that the petrol station air pump gauges were out or a TPM sensor was faulty. Even though the car is still under warranty Porsche Kendal said they would charge us for a full service even just to put air in the tyres. Needless to say I took it to Kwikfit who confirmed that the tyres were fine but needed more air. They did that for free.

The TPM error didn't go away however so we called our local OPC at Mid Sussex on our return. They took the car in straight away free of charge and corrected the air pressure. Apparently Kwikfit didn't top up the air correctly either. The TPM error is now gone. No fuss, no charge and happy customers.

So with an identical issue Porsche Kendal were really poor and Porsche Mid Sussex were really good. I guess it's who you're dealing with.
Very dissapointing treatment for you at Kendal who happen to be the OPC where I have bought my Macans from.

I have only had to use them once when I had a flat tyre problem and they were very good.

If you do not mind I would like to send a copy of your post to the owner of the dealership (they are an independent company and not part of a chain).
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Macandriver

Post by Macandriver »

No problem Col. I'd be happy to talk to them if they genuinely want to improve their service.
Porsche code http://www.porsche-code.com/PHDZWZV6
Petrol S deposit 17 Oct 2015: Lockdown 6 Jun 2016: Collected 14 Oct 2016
happy days

Post by happy days »

Our Macan got serviced on Friday. Everything fine, new filters, oil change, inspection, adblue top up and replacement litre of oil, (at 20k miles, we still have 5.5mm on the tyres all round, which isn't bad) software update carried out at the same time, however when I was washing the cars yesterday, I noticed that they hadn't washed it at all. I thought a car wash was a normal part of the service. In fact, one of the front brake callipers was covered in greasy handprints and the wheels had grease on them. No big deal, as I was going to clean it anyway, but it just left me a tad disappointed. Maybe I'm just an old grump.
Macan S D
718 S
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Generally better if they don't wash it to be honest - I always ensure a "Do Not Wash this Vehicle" message is clearly displayed and understood.

But surprising they didn't wash your car, generally is part of the feel good factor as people like a clean car returned.
Guy

Post by Guy »

I wouldn't want mine washed, but I wouldn't want it back dirtier than when it went in!
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

i agree with happy days, car been in 3 times over the past 2years each time meant to be valeted, but seems that nobody checks what the cleaners have done, each time had to get the service team to finish off cleaning my car properly.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

My car has always been returned immaculately clean from Porsche Bristol.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

After seeing the greasy rag used by the so called valeter at my OPC I made sure that the guy did not get his greasy mitts on my Turbo when that arrived a year ago.

The only time that I have used my OPC a large double side printed A4 sized card was left on the front passenger seat.....Do NOT wash or valet this Macan ....(Reg No).
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

You can buy a nice little sign that hangs from the interior mirror asking them not to wash the car. As its hanging in their face there is no excuse for them to miss it.