Mystery bump - any ideas?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Guy

Post by Guy »

PJS wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:26 pm
Guy wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:52 pm Interesting to know the repair cost. If not using insurance, I'd be tempted to find the parts and fit myself. Probably get both 'used' for < £100.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOP-ORIG-Pors ... Sw-EBZsBZF
Agreed, thank you for the link
Sounds like Hawkeye could have a great solution for the tail-pipe, and from my limited research I think the S and SD share the same end-piece. (EDIT: Yours is an SD anyway, no definitely no problem!)

If you do go the second-hand route for the tail-reflector/reversing light, be careful with part numbers. All Macans have a single rear fog light; RHD on the right (off-side), LHD on the left. I thought that this may be a problem when I took my RHD Macan for its Romanian MOT, but they didn't spot it. Anyway, the part no for the left hand side reflector is 95B 945 725 and then there is a letter added according to country and side of the fog light. I believe that the original UK part that you will need is 95B 945 725 G, with other countries LHD variants (with fog light) being 95B 945 725 D, F, J or K. Geeky stuff I know but worth getting it right - or you could take the risk and see what happens if you fit a German reflector to a UK car - perhaps you'll end up with a fog light each side.

PJS

Post by PJS »

Hawkeye wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:51 am Hi PJS, is yours a diesel or petrol S? I have a SD and replaced my exhaust after a month of ownership to a sports exhaust. I have the old 'back boxes' (if that's the right terminology!?) and haven't yet decided what to do with them, but may be able to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hawkeye - that could be a win/win. Thank you. Just back from the OPC parts dept to get an idea of parts costs. The light fitting is around £100. Not sure If I can fit myself. As for the exhaust, if its just the trim for a tailpipe Its £70. If there is any more damage (pipe kinked for example) then I'm in to a fair bit more. I need to get underneath and have a really good look. that might not be until Saturday.
PJS

Post by PJS »

Guy wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:30 pm
PJS wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:26 pm
Guy wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:52 pm Interesting to know the repair cost. If not using insurance, I'd be tempted to find the parts and fit myself. Probably get both 'used' for < £100.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOP-ORIG-Pors ... Sw-EBZsBZF
Agreed, thank you for the link
Sounds like Hawkeye could have a great solution for the tail-pipe, and from my limited research I think the S and SD share the same end-piece. (EDIT: Yours is an SD anyway, no definitely no problem!)

If you do go the second-hand route for the tail-reflector/reversing light, be careful with part numbers. All Macans have a single rear fog light; RHD on the right (off-side), LHD on the left. I thought that this may be a problem when I took my RHD Macan for its Romanian MOT, but they didn't spot it. Anyway, the part no for the left hand side reflector is 95B 945 725 and then there is a letter added according to country and side of the fog light. I believe that the original UK part that you will need is 95B 945 725 G, with other countries LHD variants (with fog light) being 95B 945 725 D, F, J or K. Geeky stuff I know but worth getting it right - or you could take the risk and see what happens if you fit a German reflector to a UK car - perhaps you'll end up with a fog light each side.
No harm in geeky stuff, thats what forums are for sometimes ! UK part is only £100 from OPC.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Once you know the extent of the damage, if it's only superficial and the exhaust tip is all you need, let me know.

No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Guy

Post by Guy »

There's some stuff here about removing the rear bumper here if you're feeling ambitious! I reckon you may have to do so if replacing the reflector.

http://www.macanforum.com/forum/appeara ... ascia.html

Not many photos unfortunately.
PJS

Post by PJS »

Been under the car Thursday night and confident that the exhaust hasn't been damaged beyond the tailpipe so it was into the parts department on Friday after speaking directly to the bodyshop who said the light fitting can be replaced without removing bumper. With VAT, the light fitting was £111, the Tailpipe was £77 with a fitting screw. Bodyshop JCT600 will charge me £70 inc vartfor a while you wait fitting off the light, I'll do the tailpipe myself. So all being well, all sorted for under £300. Hawkeye = thanks for the potential backbox but all being well i wont need it.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

No problem PJS. Good luck with the fix.

No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Guy

Post by Guy »

PJS wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:00 pm ... the light fitting can be replaced without removing bumper.
That's interesting - I may have another look at mine and consider fitting a 'LHD' reflector to get the second fog light. It's a pity it's not an automatic switch when you select right-dipping headlights on the MFD.