Thinking of moving to a Cayman from Macan S

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
DandyDon

Post by DandyDon »

Simon, here's the spec of the showroom car.

IMG_1932.JPG

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Very nice, but I would not add all of that equipment if I was speccing a new one.

Would you? I think you mention that you've put your own spec together.

PSE + SC = £3,418.

GAP Insurance + Gtechniq = £1,348.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
DandyDon

Post by DandyDon »

Simon, I think you're right; it's too much especially the SC and the PSE. I'd rather use the money for 18 way seats which I have on my Macan. Also I'd be bugged by the sport design mirrors. As good as they look you have to fold them manually and they're not heated. Seems ridiculous on a £90k car.

Not sure about the colour. It has that brown tinge at times and was one of the reasons I sold one of many BMW's early as the change in colour really bugged me. I think I would spec GT silver. Delivery time on my spec is about 3 months but my OPC has no more build slots left of this year so it would not be here until March 2018 and that's why the showroom car isn't tempting as I'd get it on the road by the beginning of next week.
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

DandyDon wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:01 pm Also I'd be bugged by the sport design mirrors. As good as they look you have to fold them manually and they're not heated. Seems ridiculous on a £90k car.
I do believe you do not need to fold them on the 911 because they are the same width as the car. They don't stick out like the Macan so no need to fold.

I originally had the same thoughts until I found this out.
GTS 😀
spook

Post by spook »

Hi DandyDon,,

Sounds like your findings of the 718 were similar to mine.
I asked the PASM question and was advised it would make hardly any difference to the ride.

I have chosen PSE because I don't like the standard ovals exhausts on the C2 , yes I could have gone for the Sports tail pipes (in black) but they are £548 for two bolt on items whereas at least the PSE it a totally new exhaust with burbles and pops and I like the way they PSE exists the car at the rear (each side of the centre).

Sports Crono, the reason I have chosen this is because of the steering wheel mode switch , I never set off driving my Petrol S Macan is sports mode always in Normal drive mode but when I wanted the extra overtaking power (on A or B roads) I felt I was left fumbling round for the bl**dy centre console button (taking my eyes off the road etc) or asking Mrs Spook to press it for me.

Hopefully it will be fitted to the Macan on the mid life uplift.

I used the mode switch a couple of times on my test drive , not interested in the launch control, Sports ++ of max power for 20 seconds push button bits, but i feel it will make overtaking safer for me. I always want to be on the wrong side of the road for as little time as possible.

We had 3 Audis with DSG boxes and it so simple to go from Drive to Sport and back just one movement of the gearstick no eyes off the road.
911 C2 Pickup 14th April 2018 :D :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJN1HBF2
Pensioner Petrol S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHMKHZF4 - Deposit place 11/11/14 - Pick up 09/05/16 - SOLD 30/08/17 :-(
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Kasfranks99 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:05 pm
DandyDon wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:01 pm Also I'd be bugged by the sport design mirrors. As good as they look you have to fold them manually and they're not heated. Seems ridiculous on a £90k car.
I do believe you do not need to fold them on the 911 because they are the same width as the car. They don't stick out like the Macan so no need to fold. I originally had the same thoughts until I found this out.

Hmm - not sure about this. Electric folding mirrors can be specced on a 911 with the non-Sport Design mirrors. :geek: And strangely the 'Sport Design' style mirrors on the Panamera are electrically folding... :ugeek:
Simon

Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Wing Commander wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:22 pm
Kasfranks99 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:05 pm
I do believe you do not need to fold them on the 911 because they are the same width as the car. They don't stick out like the Macan so no need to fold. I originally had the same thoughts until I found this out.

Hmm - not sure about this. Electric folding mirrors can be specced on a 911 with the non-Sport Design mirrors. :geek: And strangely the 'Sport Design' style mirrors on the Panamera are electrically folding... :ugeek:
Correct but with sport designs on 911 they are not electric and if you take a look they match the body work width. Double check in case I have it wrong but have been advised and seen this myself. Now I can't remember if that's in a 4s model I have seen it with which is wider at the back of course.
GTS 😀
spook

Post by spook »

Standard seats were fine on our test drive ( i'm going for slightly higher side bolsters as per the agate grey spec) and believe it or not Mrs Spook and I use the same seat and mirror positions, The mirrors do stick our slightly wider but its only half a mirror each side.
Last edited by spook on Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pensioner Petrol S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHMKHZF4 - Deposit place 11/11/14 - Pick up 09/05/16 - SOLD 30/08/17 :-(
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

DandyDon wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:01 pm Simon, I think you're right; it's too much especially the SC and the PSE. I'd rather use the money for 18 way seats which I have on my Macan. Also I'd be bugged by the sport design mirrors. As good as they look you have to fold them manually and they're not heated. Seems ridiculous on a £90k car.

Not sure about the colour. It has that brown tinge at times and was one of the reasons I sold one of many BMW's early as the change in colour really bugged me. I think I would spec GT silver. Delivery time on my spec is about 3 months but my OPC has no more build slots left of this year so it would not be here until March 2018 and that's why the showroom car isn't tempting as I'd get it on the road by the beginning of next week.

Hmmm - tricky. I know how tempting it can be to get quickly into a new car! ;)

Might be worth ringing around some other OPCs on the off chance that they may have a slot for Q4 (Oct-Dec) 2017. But then would you get the 80% trade in offer on your Macan? Or maybe there are some more tempting showroom 911s in other OPCs that may be nearer to your ideal Carrera spec...

P.S. Can't go wrong with GT Silver - a timelessly classic 911 colour. 😎
Simon

spook

Post by spook »

Hi Dandydon,

The agate grey C2 spec you listed above I looked on the porsche Uk website demos / approved etc and couldn't see it which is strange ( not one of the 19 listed).
I'm not after it (wrong colour etc) however I do try and check the website every few days just incase something close to my spec pops up.

However I have just checked the C4's and it says there are none and I know Wolverhampton have an agate demo ( checked it's still there / one I test drove) so It looks like the web site is not kept up to date.