PCC connection issues

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
NickH

Post by NickH »

Is anyone having issues connecting from iPhone remotely to PCC? I have tried inserting my own sim also, i get nothing now with either inbuilt or my own one....

Also, we briefly had google earth on the maps in nav, but that has gone also now.

all a bit annoying really

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Mine says 'No vehicles available'. iPhone 7. I think this has happened to others before IIRC. Bodes well for our 'connected future' and all that.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

All of mine is working fine. Including all the relevant website logins etc. App works fine too on iPhone

Sure you don't have a problem with the SIM card in the car?
GTS πŸ˜€
NickH

Post by NickH »

how would i know if inbuilt SIM is working?

internet works on wifi with my sim if i install that, doesn't see to from inbuilt, but when it did work, the remote services didn't work with my sim installed....
Sim_Nugget

Post by Sim_Nugget »

I had trouble recently - the diagnostics on the app showed my phone connecting to the PCC Server but the server couldn't connect to my car.

OPC did some kind of hard reset and it worked - not quite sure of what, I had already restarted the PCM unit.

You should get letters from Vodafone saying they cannot connect as they do a monthly 'ping'.

S
2017 Turbo - Night Blue / Expresso
BMW M2
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

They are two completely seperate systems.

The Vodafone has its own SIM and it is loacted within the monitoring unit wherever that is installed.

The SIM on the dash is for what is now My Porsche and it is this that should give online services depending upon if you specified Con or Con+

Either way your OPC should have set it up for you then all you should have needed to do is to connect up the iPhone via Bluetooth and then hard wired via the USB connection hich is in the centre armrest pocket.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

NickH wrote: ↑Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:10 pm how would i know if inbuilt SIM is working?

internet works on wifi with my sim if i install that, doesn't see to from inbuilt, but when it did work, the remote services didn't work with my sim installed....
Sorry Nick missed this thread. As per Col reply above it's he sim located in between the 2 SD card slots that needs to be working and activated.
From your mobile phone connect to the cars wifi and browse the Internet. If you can't then the sim is not activated / setup / reception issue.
GTS πŸ˜€