Issues with front brakes

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
happy days

Post by happy days »

I remember a local dealer advising me that VW/Audi refused warranty claims on brake discs warping as they claimed it was excessive acceleration and braking in urban areas between roundabouts that caused this to happen. And I live in the country with five miles between the nearest roundabouts. You'd think they would have had a chance to cool down in five miles...
Macan S D
718 S

Crawford

Post by Crawford »

Just had the car returned from the Porsche dealer, they skimmed one of the front disks then return it. When question they said that Porsche GB was happy with this solution. I am not 😡 Absolute joke a car with less the 8300 miles has had been returned to have the brakes fixed.
My Cosworth in the 90's had this but it was updated to 350 hp, and that was a Ford which I loved.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHLKU4L5
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Interesting article posted by Guy, particularly the emphasis it places on bedding in the brakes from new. Food for thought for those who scorn the idea of running in modern cars.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

happy days wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:55 am I remember a local dealer advising me that VW/Audi refused warranty claims on brake discs warping as they claimed it was excessive acceleration and braking in urban areas between roundabouts that caused this to happen. And I live in the country with five miles between the nearest roundabouts. You'd think they would have had a chance to cool down in five miles...
On track at Porsche Leipzig with a Cayman recently I was only asked to do 1 cool down lap only when the brakes went spungy :roll: . The instructor laughed and said, it's a Porsche, they are supposed to be pushed hard when I asked if one lap was enough. I don't believe anyone can get close to punishing brakes as hard or for as long on a public road. Admittedly, the cool down lap did nothing to stop the spungy brakes but the car still braked when required.
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18