Your Macan is Crap

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I don't really get the "your car is crap" bit that often is used on here. If you don't have a Turbo PP (for example) your Macan is crap basically.

This is my first forum so it is possibly a normal forum thing.

I do get that we all think that we have the best car. If your ideal Macan is vomit coloured with 16" wheels then that is what you will buy. A few owners are on a tight budget but I think most are not and can happily put another £10,000 of extras on to their Macan. Most owners therefore end up with the ideal car for them. They then come on this forum and get told "you shouldn't have bought that you should have bought a Turbo PP". :? :? :? Really! :? :? :?

I have driven all the Macans (except the 2.0) and they are all great cars, pretty quick for an SUV. For normal driving there is not huge difference between all the models. :D

Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

You want to try a few more fora, it's really polite on here!

Try a few audio sites and ask a question about cables, plenty of classic car fora, post a query concerning engine oil or insurance.

Sometimes even an inappropriate apostrophe will attract censure.

Nothing wrong with any Macan, i'd even have a diesel if I covered 50k miles of motorway every year. For normal driving they're just a better experience than most other brands.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

First forum for me too. For the most part I’ve found it to be very friendly and helpful, but I know what you mean about the ‘your car is crap’. There’s a bit of a feeling of having to justify your choice. I think in some ways I wouldn’t have doubted my choice if I hadn’t spent so much time on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I kind of thought that since online comments can be a "bit harsh".

Any particular bad forums I can try (on a wet winters day) ?? :D
Paul

Post by Paul »

A small minority of member with strong opinions (some might say opinionated😉) but in general a friendly bunch.
You'll find, more often than not, those with the vocal stronger opinions are trying to justify to themselves (or their other half) why the spent £££ on xyz option.
I've often said that one man's " must have" is another man's " what on earth for?"
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I agree we are generally a friendly and helpful bunch - lots of great information freely given - better than "Porsche" at times I would say. :D
VanB

Post by VanB »

99% + of forum members are friendly and helpful and there is a wealth of information on here. I think one of the problems is that sarcasm doesn't translate well into the written word and we Brits are a pretty sarcastic bunch. You want to spend some time on rennlist if you want to see some serious bickering!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Test drive any Macan and you will find it amazing to drive.

But

Yes there is always a but, and as you test drive the ride, handling and comfort of the Macan will soon show you how great a car it is.

There is a reason why its great, simply because the OPC has configured the demo car correctly and they have not tried to scrimp on the inclusions.

There are very, very few here who have driven a basic configured Macan and take it from me an S with 8 way seats, no PASM and 21” rims is not a nice place to be with its very uncomfortable seats and a hard ride quality and compromised handling. Dont get me wrong its not as bad as say a Beamer or Audi on their Sport suspensions but the Macan can be way, way better.

So yes this opinionated member does not want any perspective member buying a Macan that could be better configured and I will tell you so.

I fully get that you may have a budget but one thing I fail to get is that some favour bling over a comfortable and great ride/handling from their Macan.

So no snobbery from me, all Macans a good cars, OK some perform better than others, actually for the mixture of driving that I do if the showroom SD that I bought had a few different extras I would still be driving it despite the fact that I moan about the way it delivers the power. That said I still think that the SD is a better choice than the base and the S as long as your driving profile avoids the dreaded DPF issues.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

I am also a new member... been on here for a few months now.

I have found the site to be extremely helpful, and enjoying reading some excellent editorials . Yes there are strong opinions between petrol diesels owners and specifications. My advice is look at the facts when deciding choices, go with what you you feel is right for you, I decided not to buy a SD,buy separating the facts, from fictions, and opinions.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
goron59

Post by goron59 »

One man’s 💩 is another man’s gold :D
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR