Your Macan is Crap

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Crazy diamond wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:59 pm I have found this forum most helpful and informative and it is a great example of what social media can provide. My choice of spec was greatly enhanced by the information given albeit at a hit to my wallet :D. Clearly, there are some for whom this forum is a significant part of their life and good luck to them, but I suspect the majority dip in and out as time permits - yep there is more to life than a car😜. As for any Macan being crap, well opinions are like xxxxholes everyone has one but you don’t necessarily want to see or hear them. I make my own, informed, choices and am grateful for all views and opinions I see and hear, some of which I accept and many more I ignore. Anyone who spends too much time on a social media site is usually a pretty sad individual who lives live through an avatar and ater ego- how is that for provocative 😂😂😂
Some of this is nearly as bad as "your Macan is crap" :D

Lucky I don't have an avatar :? :? :?

Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

Sidscott wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:39 pm As an SD owner this forum has made me feel as if I’m bottom of the food chain at times but generally the chat is positive and informative and occasionally quite humorous! 👍
If anyone gives you a hard time just post a few MPG stats :)
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Tim92gts wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:12 pm
Sidscott wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:39 pm As an SD owner this forum has made me feel as if I’m bottom of the food chain at times but generally the chat is positive and informative and occasionally quite humorous! 👍
If anyone gives you a hard time just post a few MPG stats :)
Sid you always have Base Model owners to ridicule.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
goron59

Post by goron59 »

When I joined this forum, I was looking forward to hanging out with a bunch of Porsche enthusiasts, but instead was faced with people banging on about MPG and SD mirrors. Indeed the first comment directed at me was to ridicule how bad my fuel economy was.

Fortunately I've not let it sour my experience too much with Porsche.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

So everyone's McCanns are alright but the attitude of the owners sucks?
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Tom 2000 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:57 pm So everyone's McCanns are alright but the attitude of the owners sucks?
That sounds about right :D
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

goron59 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:40 pm When I joined this forum, I was looking forward to hanging out with a bunch of Porsche enthusiasts, but instead was faced with people banging on about MPG and SD mirrors. Indeed the first comment directed at me was to ridicule how bad my fuel economy was.

I'm sure no one buys a Porsche to get good fuel consumption however British people are quite obsessed with MPG. (Probably because fuel costs so much here.)
Nobleman

Post by Nobleman »

This place is far more welcoming, gentle and forgiving than the other car forums I inhabit. I don't care what critics here might think, I'm very happy indeed with my choice of Macan and I'm happy to respect the choices that others have made. League tables are pointless - it's all very subjective, and most of us will only own one. We're all very lucky to own a Macan. Peace and love, and pass the sherry. :D
pj191k89
Paul

Post by Paul »

goron59 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:40 pm When I joined this forum, I was looking forward to hanging out with a bunch of Porsche enthusiasts, but instead was faced with people banging on about MPG and SD mirrors.
Ah, the SD mirror debate... I recall it fondly! Do they fold? Don't they fold? Oh the fun we had debating😂😂 ....and then, at last, someone actually had a car delivered with SD mirrors fitted...lo and behold they do fold in! Hoorah!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Marc

Post by Marc »

Hi guys. First post. I’m a new Porsche Macan owner. I bought a Macan 2.0 for my wife. She does
Very low mileage so diesel didn’t make sense in my eyes. Personally I think it’s great but then I’m coming to it from a much more budget history ie Ford Focus, Renault captur etc. It’s fastest car we’ve ever owned, build quality is exceptional in comparison and it looks great. Sure the other models are better but then you get what you pay for. There’s plenty of other cars out there that are even better I’m sure. I enjoy driving the car (on the rare occasion I get a look in) it was priced right within out budget and does everything we want it to do. In summary I’m more than happy being bottom of your food chain.