Your Macan is Crap

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
goron59

Post by goron59 »

The best way to make a Macan non-crap is to install some driving talent.

https://jalopnik.com/watching-this-pors ... 1798538663

"Some cars, like the Corvette, have the Macan on straight-line speed, but PSolk’s ability to toss the Macan around faster in the corners earns him several passes. Yes, the Macan did that. I’m having trouble believing it, too, but I can’t argue with the man’s onboard video. If there’s any better proof that learning how to drive well is the best mod you can make to your car, it’s got to be videos like this. "

It even has a pano roof :)
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

When I did the PEC in a Turbo there were two forum members there, one in a Turbo and another in a GTS, I had zero difficulty catching them, passing them and lapping then, ergo I can drive fast compared to most.

Fast forward to the PEC RD and me in a 911C4GTS wringing its neck and an Instructor in a Turbo PP, he was faster than I and I could barely keep up with him after I had to let him past.

So in the right hands a Macan is a more than capable car at wiping the floor with Joe Public in their 911’s.

Ergo no Macan is crap.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Guy

Post by Guy »

Great video. Forgive my ignorance but is the ability of the PCM to show the circuit map part of the Sports Chrono option?
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Guy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:09 am Great video. Forgive my ignorance but is the ability of the PCM to show the circuit map part of the Sports Chrono option?
It is. Great for regular trips to Sainsbury's too as it gives you lap time comparisons :)

BTW, it doesn't actually show the circuit map, as such, it just plots the gps route, that ends up looking like the track. It's semi smart enough to show repeated laps, if you push the lap button (usually tied to diamond key).

If you have a big field, you can get it to draw a cock and balls :)
Guy

Post by Guy »

goron59 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:37 am
Guy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:09 am Great video. Forgive my ignorance but is the ability of the PCM to show the circuit map part of the Sports Chrono option?
It is. Great for regular trips to Sainsbury's too as it gives you lap time comparisons :)
I can imagine that being very useful for those forum members who do several laps of the car-park looking for the safest possible parking slot :lol:
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:06 am When I did the PEC in a Turbo there were two forum members there, one in a Turbo and another in a GTS, I had zero difficulty catching them, passing them and lapping then, ergo I can drive fast compared to most.

Fast forward to the PEC RD and me in a 911C4GTS wringing its neck and an Instructor in a Turbo PP, he was faster than I and I could barely keep up with him after I had to let him past.

So in the right hands a Macan is a more than capable car at wiping the floor with Joe Public in their 911’s.

Ergo no Macan is crap.
I can never understand the mentality of some drivers, basically showing off their straight line speed as if it was their own personal physical effort taking them past. Then they look surprised that they can't pull away through corners or sometimes even get in your way.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:06 am When I did the PEC in a Turbo there were two forum members there, one in a Turbo and another in a GTS, I had zero difficulty catching them, passing them and lapping then, ergo I can drive fast compared to most.

Ergo no Macan is crap.
Nice arguments, but the conclusion is unrelated to them. Unless you accept the definition of crapness is based entirely on whether a Macan driven well can wipe floors with an ordinary person owning a 911.

If that is the definition, then we should throw this thread away and start again.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Reminds me of Sabine Schmitz going round the nurburgring in a Ford Transit van on the old Top Gear.

She was brilliant. "Out of my way Porsche 911" (in German accent!) "Out of my way fast motorcycle". Great :D :D :D
happy days

Post by happy days »

Crap thread! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Macan S D
718 S
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

ScotMac wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:28 pm Reminds me of Sabine Schmitz going round the nurburgring in a Ford Transit van on the old Top Gear.

She was brilliant. "Out of my way Porsche 911" (in German accent!) "Out of my way fast motorcycle". Great :D :D :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KiC03_wVjc