:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Wing Commander wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:24 pm It was a 2.0 on 21"s with no PASM, no air, no SC, no PSE, no pano, no reversing camera or surround, no PS+ and no spare wheel... :oops:

At least my current Porsche has PASM, air, SC, rear axle steering and full leather to complement the 21"s and the snazzy paint job, so maybe I am learning... ;)

P.S. I think that all Macans are great cars - including the 2.0 and the SD. :)
w
Were you an early buyer?, and in retrospect what do you think now?
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Paul

Post by Paul »

ScotMac wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:28 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:24 pm Oh dear, oh dear. :(

From the above comments, many will have thought my Macan to have been crap, or at least an ill-informed and poor choice. :shock:

It was a 2.0 on 21"s with no PASM, no air, no SC, no PSE, no pano, no reversing camera or surround, no PS+ and no spare wheel... :oops:

At least my current Porsche has PASM, air, SC, rear axle steering and full leather to complement the 21"s and the snazzy paint job! ;)

P.S. I think that all Macans are great cars - including the 2.0 and the SD. :)
I certainly thought so. And don't start me on that shabby car you have now :D
😂😂
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

BBR, I ordered it around October 2015, it was my first Porsche and my first privately owned car after 21 years of company car driving.

The choice of 2.0 over S or SD was largely driven by the shorter delivery time quoted by the OPC, as I needed the car by March/April 2016 and lead times were longer then.

Were I buying a Macan now (as my 4th Porsche) I'd be sorely tempted by a GTS, in Carmine Red of course. ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

As an SD owner this forum has made me feel as if I’m bottom of the food chain at times but generally the chat is positive and informative and occasionally quite humorous! 👍
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Hey... at least you own one! Well done to you.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Sidscott wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:39 pm As an SD owner this forum has made me feel as if I’m bottom of the food chain at times but generally the chat is positive and informative and occasionally quite humorous! 👍
No, no, no.

There is no such thing as a bad Macan, well thats not true there is only a Macan that could be better but that has nothing to do with the SD engine.

The SD is a very good Macan, in fact had the showroom car which I bought had all the goodies I wanted I to would be bottom of the food chain with you, yes I am critical of the way the SD delivers its power but that could have been solved by me with the fitting of a TDi piggy back chip, which is what I would have done had the showroom SD been configured correctly for me (only bought itbto cut the wait time from 10 to 4 months).

Given the state of the VAG with diesels and their apparent lack of effort to resolve them especially the DPF problem I would currently suggest to all members considering buying one to look at an S or GTS. I would also point out the DPF issues a significant number of members here have experienced and the fact that my SD mpg was only an actual 33mpg so if they do choose the SD their eyes are open to potential problems.

Thinking about it and knowing that the journey profiles that I, do my rating of Macan engines is:-
Turbo PP
Turbo
SD
S
Base.

There is nothing bottom of the league about that and shows that I would rather have an SD than an S.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Spud

Post by Spud »

As one of the original forum members I do feel that the forum has changed somewhat, in the early stages there were only a few members and the banter was great and lighthearted , the Macan was like the proverbial "Rocking horse stuff", it was exciting times as most of us ordered the car without actually seeing it in the flesh let alone driving it, my first viewing was through a magical 3D cube, thankfully the forum has grown as the car has now been around for 3 years I remember how if any of us saw a Macan it was on the spotted thread straight away , it was like spotting Lord Lucan, I have seen many Macan's now in all sorts of levels and there is not one bad one, like people say it's all about personal choice, when I ordered my first Macan I thought what a strange way to order in so much that I had always been used to having everything included in the spec on most of my Jags etc but I soon realised that it was great way to select your car as you could tailor it to what was important to YOU because at the end of the day you are buying it for you and no one else, I don't post on here to much these days as most of the things have already been said but the forum is a great book of knowledge on real time ownership individuals will always think there car is the best thing since sliced bread, there has been much comment/negativity about the SD but it goes over my "balaclava " because if there wasn't a Diesel I probably wouldn't be currently driving a Porsche, I've had two Petrols in different guises and loved them both, the current Diesel is superb for my needs and there is not another SUV out there that I would currently swap for, thankfully we are all different and like different things but the one thing we all have in common is we all like the Macan, 👍
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
johnd

Post by johnd »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:17 am I would also point out the DPF issues a significant number of members here have experienced and the fact that my SD mpg was only an actual 33mpg so if they do choose the SD their eyes are open to potential problems.
That familiar word 'significant' is probably at the nub of the discussion here. AIUI SD models constitute something like 70% of all Macans sold in the UK, maybe down a bit this year but not hugely so by all accounts.

So what proportion of the 18K or so SD Macans in the UK are reporting significant DPF issues (significant in this context meaning something more than the very occasional DPF early warning which quickly resolves with a suitable drive)? Without doing a proper analysis or poll, I can only think of maybe 4 or 5 instances posted here, fairly vocally and understandably so, but it's not a substantial proportion - maybe 2-4% to hazard a guess and given the much greater likelihood of someone searching out forums when they do have a material and unresolved problem. And at least some of that 2-4% will be users with a typical journey profile quite unsuited to diesel models. (Some won't be, granted, and Porsche absolutely need to get to the technical cause of the problem asap.)

And just on mpg point: So what's the actual petrol mpg by comparison - probably 19-20ish I'm guessing? Isn't a 70% or so benefit from using diesel about what you'd expect?
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly
Marra

Post by Marra »

I have yet to join the ownership group on here but will soon when I get my hands on my Macan S petrol, probably in early November - I can't wait!

I have found this forum very informative and useful in helping me through the sometimes daunting, always exciting, process of buying my first ever Porsche. I have learned much about what benefits are to be gained from each option and luckily I have been strong enough to then make up my own mind on what I should choose whilst staying close to my budget. A good example was PASM. I had decided against it and the SE was cool with that. It was only when Col explained to me that you only get the comfort mode (yes I know, it's obvious to me too now!) with PASM, that I selected it - there are other examples too such as the smokers pack and the comfort lighting. It has also been fun surprising the SE with my knowledge, better than his occasionally, much of which has been gained here.

Forums tend to be frequented by enthusiasts and you know what, they are enthusiastic about their chosen subject, in this case the Porsche Macan. I don't mind that there is perhaps a leaning towards the faster more expensive derivatives, I certainly don't feel like a second class citizen and nor should anyone else. Think about which percentile of the car buying public that Porsche ownership puts you in and how many people would change places with you.

Anyway, when's my car coming ?