Macan GTS v Audi SQ5 Mk2 (Auto Express test)

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

Tom 2000 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:14 am On paper the SQ5 is very appealing but for me it lacks the visual aggression of a McCann.
And indeed that is one of the things that does appeal to me.

On the screen front, it works. I hated it when Mercedes first did it but then borrowed one with it and realised it was in the right place. My A6 had one that lowered into dash which was preferable but this is next best - right place, right job. I guess it's another where you have to overcome your preconceptions and try it.

I have HUD too....

VanB

Post by VanB »

iPad on the dash no thanks but I do think Porsche is missing a trick with no HUD available. The Q5 is a very good car with far better than average residuals but it is somewhat bland (my wife has one and I have a GTS so pretty much get to compare them every week). The tech used by Porsche is some way behind the times and I think they will need to become more cutting edge over the next few years as they car buying public does like gadgets and gizmos.

That being said I bought Porsche because of the driving characteristics as, I suspect, did most people on this forum.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Salty

Post by Salty »

Normally it would be no contest for me. I have just priced up a red GTS to replace my wife's current 2014 petrol Macan S. However I may need to reconsider as my wife's car is currently at the dealers due to the common drive shaft fault. I have been quoted £2645.90 inc parts,labour and VAT to replace them. The GTS has more power so who knows how long it's drive shafts will last! Regarding the SQ5 I am another who hates the look of an iPad stuck on top of the dashboard although I do like the virtual cockpit idea and I'll be test driving one before ordering a GTS.
987 Boxster S (sold
987 Boxster S (sold)
White Macan S Petrol, (sold)
Rhodium Silver metallic Macan GTS (sold)
Aqua Blue 981 Boxster S (sold)
Midnight Blue 718 Boxster GTS (sold)
GT metallic silver 911 992 Carrera S (sold)
Carmine Red Boxster 981 GTS
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Two and a half grand, good grief.

The cost of repairs of my Macan is one thing that gives me concern if I decide to keep it long term.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Would you not just get an extended warranty Col?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.