Wheel change at ATS

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
chrisd608

Post by chrisd608 »

Today I made the mistake of letting my wife take my Macan to the local ATS depot to change my summer wheels and tyres for my winter ones.
I would have gone myself but was out on business.
When I returned I took one look at the car and realised that they had put the wheels on the wrong axles, ie: wider tyres on the front !! :roll:
As it was after they had closed I now have to drive home and back 50 miles each way and will have to wait to vent my spleen with the ATS muppets tomorrow.
I have checked with my local Porsche Centre and they reckon OK to drive but to watch I do not put steering on full lock as wider tyres may foul on bodywork

spook

Post by spook »

F***in' He** !

Sorry for swearing

hope they weren't directional as well !
They could have mixed up the tyres on each axle, can't wait to hear the excuse.
911 C2 Pickup 14th April 2018 :D :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJN1HBF2
Pensioner Petrol S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHMKHZF4 - Deposit place 11/11/14 - Pick up 09/05/16 - SOLD 30/08/17 :-(
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

chrisd608 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:13 pm Today I made the mistake of letting my wife take my Macan to the local ATS depot to change my summer wheels and tyres for my winter ones.
When I returned I took one look at the car and realised that they had put the wheels on the wrong axles, ie: wider tyres on the front !! :roll:
As it was after they had closed I now have to drive home and back 50 miles each way and will have to wait to vent my spleen with the ATS muppets tomorrow.
I have checked with my local Porsche Centre and they reckon OK to drive but to watch I do not put steering on full lock as wider tyres may foul on bodywork

OMG! 'Muppets' is very polite of you!! :shock: :roll:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
John_M

Post by John_M »

they must think it is something like

Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

chrisd608 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:13 pm Today I made the mistake of letting my wife take my Macan to the local ATS depot to change my summer wheels and tyres for my winter ones.
For any tyre business that is appalling and ATS is a national chain. Yes, you are being reasonable as think I would be. Perhaps a partial refund in lieu of fuel used to & fro?
I have had misfortune with wheels & tyres in recent weeks.
1) after painting my summer wheels and fitting new summer tyres, the ?tyre fitters? omitted to refit the tpms senders in each wheel, discovered after driving away.
2) puncture in France on one of the new summer tyres proved very expensive, over €400 in all, the tyre was not NO, so another NO tyre when I got home.
3) Wheel repair and repaint due to damage when punctured, the ?tyre fitter? refitted the TPMS incorrectly with the metal washer inside the wheel not allowing the rubber seal to contact the wheel. Result flat tyre overnight, wheel off, new tpms stem - more money. I was told punctures come in three's hope that's it for now.
A bit early for winters?
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Before you travel I would ring up and speak to them and demand that their mobile repair guy travels too you.

If you get no joy ring their HQ
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:58 pm Before you travel I would ring up and speak to them and demand that their mobile repair guy travels too you.

If you get no joy ring their HQ
Completely agree. Their error so get them to send a mobile fitter to you. When they are doing the job ensure they make any relevant correction to the tyre pressures. ATS Euromaster are a wholly owned subsidiary of Michelin, who in turn have the best training school in the tyre industry.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Paul

Post by Paul »

As above- if you’re not time constrained tomorrow then let them come to you. I would also expect a refund of some (or all) of the swap charge.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Guy

Post by Guy »

Make sure you take a photo so we can have a laugh (at the car, not the fitters!) :D

No need to cover people's faces as in the German traction engine pic - that's privacy laws for you!
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

I wouldn't be wanting some guy in a van with an old trolley jack swapping the wheels on my Porsche. To much opportunity to damage the underside of the car I think. I would be going back to the shop and dragging the manager out to explain their stupidly before getting it lifted properly and the wheels swapped over.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50