New limited Porsche Macan Turbo with 440bhp launched

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Retired

Post by Retired »

Wing Commander wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:28 am Sounds like you subscribe to the 'Arif' school of buying and selling Porsches, for relatively little loss. ;)

Your new Cayman S spec looks good. I presume that you passed on the new Cayman GTS as you're after something a little more refined? A touch less raw and noisy than the GTS? :geek:
Yes, I've owned three excellent Macans for a low cost of ownership.

Cayman GTS built to my spec would cost about £3.5k more than the car I have on order. I don't like Alcantara so would change that to leather. I don't like the black wheels so they would have to be changed. I don't want the sports exhaust but would be stuck with that. The torque vectoring might be good to have but the cars I've driven haven't had it fitted so probably won't miss that. The small increase in power won't really be noticeable, the 'S' is pretty quick anyway.

I haven't checked but might have to wait awhile to get one.

The upside might be lower depreciation for two reasons (1) it's a GTS and (2) the cost of extras to get my spec is lower than with the 'S'.

Think I'll stick with the car I have on order.

LLL

Post by LLL »

I'm disappointed that they didn't put "Macan Turbo Performance Package Exclusive Performance Edition" at the rear boot lid :lol:

On a serious note, this is just a parts bin exercise and not sure who would even consider buying this car? If anything by the end of a model it should be "bargains" introduced, not the other way around.

More details about the upcoming facelift will appear quite soon
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Luke wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:43 am More details about the upcoming facelift will appear quite soon

Tell us more, Luke... :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
LLL

Post by LLL »

Wing Commander wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:54 pm
Luke wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:43 am More details about the upcoming facelift will appear quite soon

Tell us more, Luke... :)
Not sure there will be any big surprises. Just a facelift with the new rear lightstrip and some new internal screens á la new Pana/Cayenne. We'll have to wait until the next gen to get some more appealing stuff.
andreas

Post by andreas »

Luke wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:57 pm
Not sure there will be any big surprises. Just a facelift with the new rear lightstrip and some new internal screens á la new Pana/Cayenne. We'll have to wait until the next gen to get some more appealing stuff.
When do you think UK deliveries might start?
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Retired wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:41 am
Wing Commander wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:28 am Sounds like you subscribe to the 'Arif' school of buying and selling Porsches, for relatively little loss. ;)

Your new Cayman S spec looks good. I presume that you passed on the new Cayman GTS as you're after something a little more refined? A touch less raw and noisy than the GTS? :geek:

Cayman GTS built to my spec would cost about £3.5k more than the car I have on order. I don't like Alcantara so would change that to leather. I don't like the black wheels so they would have to be changed. I don't want the sports exhaust but would be stuck with that. The torque vectoring might be good to have but the cars I've driven haven't had it fitted so probably won't miss that. The small increase in power won't really be noticeable, the 'S' is pretty quick anyway.

The upside might be lower depreciation for two reasons (1) it's a GTS and (2) the cost of extras to get my spec is lower than with the 'S'.

I'd be inclined to change to GTS - definitely lower depreciation and from speaking to my OPC there shouldn't be much of a wait. But then I'm all about depreciation and wouldn't run it for more than a year!

If it's a longer term prospect then these considerations are a less relevant.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
GuyW

Post by GuyW »

Retired wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:41 am

Excellent spec on the Cayman!!