Keeper

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
goron59

Post by goron59 »

As many of you might have noticed, I'm not a gushing fanboi when it comes to my Macan, or Porsche (or indeed anything really), and have frequently pondered moving on or away.

I do miss my previous, but the reasons for moving on are still there, and whilst I can afford another R8 (and keep the Macan - I have room) I don't think it'll quite be the same.

So I've decided to keep my current Macan.
I spent a lot of time and effort getting the spec I want, and aside from BOSE->Burmester, I wouldn't change a thing if I bought again. It would be a shame to get all that right and throw it all away so soon.

So he's going to be a keeper. I've only done about 5.5k miles in 18 months, but I've got some road trip plans for next year and I can't think of a better car to do them in :)
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR

Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Is it because you've got it right only or do you actually enjoy the car enough not to want to spend time exploring other options (or there are currently no other options)? Nice to see you around and imparting with some dry humorous observations for some time to come on the forum.
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

Nosmo wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:23 pm Is it because you've got it right only or do you actually enjoy the car enough not to want to spend time exploring other options (or there are currently no other options)? Nice to see you around and imparting with some dry humorous observations for some time to come on the forum.
Yes Goron, just go easy on us diesel owners or we will do you for "fuel choice harassment" :lol: :lol: :lol:
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Nosmo wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:23 pm Is it because you've got it right only or do you actually enjoy the car enough not to want to spend time exploring other options (or there are currently no other options)?
A bit of both.
It's a great car. I enjoy driving it. It's very good at most of what I need, better than most other cars and only sucks at a few things.
This is partly because it's a Macan and partly because it's the Macan I specced.

My first Macan was good enough to have me want another one at a different spec.
I think I got the second one just right (except I miss the Burm)

What I'm happy about now is knowing I don't even have to think about a new car for a year or more.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

If you are happy Adrian we are happy for you.

I am in the same or rather a similar dilema, shall I keep mine or sell on and buy something far smaller?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

goron59 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:06 pm So he's going to be a keeper. I've only done about 5.5k miles in 18 months, but I've got some road trip plans for next year and I can't think of a better car to do them in :)

Good news, goron. :)

Road trips including Wales maybe?

And does 'he' have a name?
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Sounds like a sensible choice
I am always looking at what’s new and what other cars can offer. Still not found something that interests me enough to replace the Macan.

When you are ready to sell that will be one very nice low mileage pristine Macan 👍
Unless you have some crazy plans coming up 😉
GTS 😀
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I don't see much point in buying a new car unless your car is causing you problems (breaking down / requiring lots of money spent) or there is another model that you really fancy.

Mine is a keeper for now too :D
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

The word 'keeper' doesn't exist in my vocabulary!
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

goron59 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:06 pm
So I've decided to keep my current Macan.

So he's going to be a keeper. I've only done about 5.5k miles in 18 months, but I've got some road trip plans for next year and I can't think of a better car to do them in :)
Goron, as we used to say to rookies, 'get some time in' or in your case - some miles. In 6 months, 6000 of my 8000 miles were on road trips. Forget Wales, that's just a day out full of speed lmits. How about Leipzig via the Mohne Dam, Champagne country & Epernay via Porsche Reims for coffee, Stuttgart & Sinsheim and finally Maranello via The Alps. Now those are 'road trips', some unlimited autobahns, mountain passes and smooth Euroland roads will bring out the best of you and Macan. The problem for all of us is finding the time. I suspect you're a busy guy and work long hours, equally you are probably good at making things happen. I enjoyed Leipzig more than Stuttgart, so which will be first for you? Perhaps both in one road trip? A few words from 'Time' are in my signature. Let us know.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16