Service cost

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

i think you will probably need an air con service... maybe after 10 years?

Spud

Post by Spud »

Chilgrove wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:08 pm Just wondering how others react to service cost. My Macan SD is coming up for two years old and is shortly due for its first service. I have been quoted by a Scottish main agent, all prices including VAT :-

Intermediate service: £430.
Brake fluid change: £95.
Air conditioning service: £200

Total £725.00. The car has done 17000 miles. Keeping in mind the service is every two years only, I guess the cost is not too bad although slightly more than I was expecting. How does that cost compare with others on this forum?
No mention of adblue ? I would of thought they would have wanted to drain down and top up again, I’m on 15,000 miles and would expect them request to do this at 20,000 miles
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
happy days

Post by happy days »

Not sure why they would want to drain down the adblue?

I got the warning light at about 12k (?) and topped the tank up with a 20l fill that I bought at the local factors. Then we got a service at 20k and Belfast topped up the adblue tank. We're about 25k now and no sigh of a light yet.

Intermediate service with oil change was a smidgeon over £500.
Macan S D
718 S
Chilgrove

Post by Chilgrove »

Porsche in Edinburgh topped up my Adblue a few months ago. I am not sure if this liquid needs to be drained down and refilled at all. Probably not. Edinburgh Porsche did not charge me for the Adblue top up.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I doubt the adblue tank would ever have to be drained unless there is a problem.
Spud

Post by Spud »

ScotMac wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:48 pm I doubt the adblue tank would ever have to be drained unless there is a problem.
I've no idea, I know my OPC is offering complete refill for £42-00, I think last time I spoke to them about it they mentioned they liked to do a complete fill up at service so clients didn't have to come back shortly after service as its not part of the service schedule. I know they did me a top up foc a few months ago.
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
BHT

Post by BHT »

Just booked mine in for it's 20k service with Chester Porsche.
Was quoted £625 for a 'minor service'. Oil and filter changed, brake fluid changed and the one that confused me, tyre sealant changed. Are the tyres filled with some kind of puncture sealant?
2017 Macan diesel with all available options.
Guy

Post by Guy »

BHT wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:37 am Just booked mine in for it's 20k service with Chester Porsche.
Was quoted £625 for a 'minor service'. Oil and filter changed, brake fluid changed and the one that confused me, tyre sealant changed. Are the tyres filled with some kind of puncture sealant?
The can of sealant is in the boot somewhere, and apparently it goes out of date. Perhaps just buy your own at non-OPC prices :D

(EDIT: If you have a spare wheel then I don't think there is a can of sealant. If there is, I can't find mine! :? )
BHT

Post by BHT »

I'm actually getting the tyres changed this week before the service. I will have a look and see if there is any of this 'sealant' in the ones that come off.

I have one of those weird spare wheels that expands as it is inflated in the boot.... that will do me in the event of a puncture if I can't fix it with the Stop&Go kit that I carry.
2017 Macan diesel with all available options.
Guy

Post by Guy »

BHT wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:30 pm I'm actually getting the tyres changed this week before the service. I will have a look and see if there is any of this 'sealant' in the ones that come off.

I have one of those weird spare wheels that expands as it is inflated in the boot.... that will do me in the event of a puncture if I can't fix it with the Stop&Go kit that I carry.
There won't be any sealant inside the tyre. Like me, if you have a spare there is no Porsche provided sealant. Might be worth reminding your OPC of that before they charge you for 'replacing' it at the service! ;)