Surround Camera

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
SP6IGHT

Post by SP6IGHT »

Hi, After 6 months and 5000 miles the surround camera has failed to worked twice - Blank screen.
Just thought i'd share my thoughts on why it failed to work. Both times it has failed, i had been on a long journey 4 hrs. My car car generally is only used around town 15 - 30 minutes. It's working as normal again now. Has anyone else noticed the surround view failing after a long journey?

Also don't know if i should say this. Np DPF problems so far.

SP61GHT

Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Are your parking sensors working?
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
SP6IGHT

Post by SP6IGHT »

Yes parking sensors still work. I just get the graphic of the car with yellow and red plus the beeps
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

I asked because on my Beemer if more than one sensor failed the whole system would shut up shop including the camera. I did have an occasion when the wires running from boot lid got damaged by the bodyshop fixing a paint defect.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

My camera/surround view have failed 2 or 3 times in the year I've had the car. Not a big issue, works the next time.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Could be a software issue.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
John_M

Post by John_M »

I have had it happen a couple of times - usually switching ignition off and back on cures it, but I am not sure whether it was related to a long journey (I had long run Monday and no issues)

I do get the odd issue where it doesn't recognise the USB drive with music on and again ignition on and off usually cures it - though I keep an old SD card in a slot now just incase

Why it happens - I'd guess poor quality software which may tally with long runs as that gives time for memory leak issues
Thamaturge

Post by Thamaturge »

For information, I only use my car for long journeys, e.g London to Manchester, London to south of France, Switzerland, etc. and I have never encountered a problem with the surround cameras.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Same here, three times in a year had the black screen of death.

Ignition off and on solves the problem.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
brains1900

Post by brains1900 »

I have had the odd blackout. Turn it off and on again has not always worked, but locking and waiting a minute or so before a restart has fixed it so far.