Macan sold

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Elucius

Post by Elucius »

VanB wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:20 pm Sounds like a perfect combination, Elucius.

Rab keep us updated on your spec. I toyed with Carmine on mine but went GT in the end. IMO the car looks fantastic in either but GT is a real classic colour. I would guess pretty lightly optioned is the way to go and a lot of the available gizmos not really needed unless you are going to track it.
[/quote

Mine is GT Silver which really suits the car although every colour I've seen the GTS in looks good! Good luck with keeping the options down, I thought that but managed £19ks worth!

Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Not long back from the dealer, Macan handed over and have got their 991GTS demo for the weekend. Sapphire blue, which looks good as well. Initial impressions are good although I had a fair idea of what to expect having driven 991.2S for all of my Silverstone half day. Road conditions are poor around home at the moment, damp with lots of tractor dropping to make it even slicker, so not much chance to the full of the right pedal. I spent a lot of time looking at different colours at the forecourt, with a number of GT silver and also Carmine 911s and 718s to compare. Having gone there with GT as my favourite I am now back thinking Carmine but not much in it so may well change before lock down.
Talking to the sales manager he sees no issues with getting a March build April delivery.
Right that's for now so its back to the confuserator lol
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Lucky you, having a 991.2 GTS for the weekend. 😎

The link on another thread with your provisional 991 GTS spec didn't work, as it took us to your Macan Porsche Code.

Keen to hear how your latest configuration is coming along... :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
TD444

Post by TD444 »

Rab - WHAT!!?? Just reading this now.... fair play and awesome deal on the return to Belfast..... I certainly hope I am in the same boat after 18 months - although that is about now....

Have been thinking the same thoughts myself - the SD has 13k on it after 18 months so don't need a diesel or a vehicle of that size, do need a tow bar so maybe the wife will get one on the Freelander.....lol...

Had spec'd a Carrera T just to see but also saw & heard a GTS near home last week and was left drooling.....

I wonder if they will give me out the demo car after you....lol....

Probably should get a chat with you if you got any sort of deal with the 911.... or if it is like all other Porsche...

T
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHN2UAS9
Order Date 16 Nov - Expected delivery ~April / May 2016
Collected Tue 3rd May
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Hi T, I'm not sure how exactly Belfast conjured up my deal but in the end it stacked up fairly well with London. I could probably have saved 1k or so on the change by going across the pond, but I figured it was worth the extra to save the hassle and keep Belfast on side. I made it very clear that I had no problem going elsewhere if they got to greedy so, in the end we had a very amicable deal. There still aren't many GTSs on sale second hand so I think it was a good time to sell and with my particular spec where most of the money was spent on things that were easily seen helped retain money.
I have gone the same way with the 911 spec, high visual, only things I want and no more than 10% of basic price.
I have also updated my run around from the 2004 Rav 4 to a high miles 2013 Grand Vitara which I think is a perfect combination with the occasional use 911.
TD444

Post by TD444 »

Fair play.....I have been in touch with the Belfast team back and forth as I was interested in a GT4 but getting them here was tough, any that came in were essentially pre sold and still at a premium which I’m struggling to go with....

Hence the thought on a 911, I did like the T model and what it brings.....with rear seats, my son is now 3 so booster seat soon and he can get in the back easier......although thought there was a new 911 due in 2019 so wasn’t sure whether to wait or not....

I have a early BMW Mini Cooper S as a run around which is great but may need something bigger with a tow bar as I haul a couple of classic cars I have from time to time...

Decisions decisions.....

PS - Don’t tell the wife.....lol...
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHN2UAS9
Order Date 16 Nov - Expected delivery ~April / May 2016
Collected Tue 3rd May
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

I understand your thinking on paying premiums on cars manufacturers chose to artificially restrict availability of, for no other reason than keep them for the well connected few. More power to who ever can manage to get one new, well done, but I for one have no intention of helping fund someone else's new toys by being the mug that pays over list second hand.
As for the 2019 model change, I did consider that but the next GTS wont be on the market to at least 2020 or even 2021 if the normal roll out happens so the only model available in 2019 will be the base and S with 10bhp hike in power so no GTS beater.