Macan sold

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Well guys and girls, my Macan dalliance has come to an end, at least for the time being. I will be delivering the car to Porsche Belfast tomorrow morning and borrowing their 911 GTS demonstrator for a few days. Must say I am very pleased with just how little deprecation I have had in eighteen months so has to rank as the best I have ever owned. The Macan was brilliant but just want to go for a full fat sports car before I'm to old to get in and out of it.
I have today put down a deposit on a 911GTS for April delivery
Like a few others here who have moved to other vehicles I will be hanging around and occasionally throwing my tuppence worth in.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Hope you have a great time in the 911.

Remember when you pick up the new one, no images and it did not happen.

I can fully see why 911 is the way to go, if I was not such a decripit old git I would probably already be in one or a Panny (but not a red one).
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Rab J wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:36 pm Well guys and girls, my Macan dalliance has come to an end, at least for the time being. I will be delivering the car to Porsche Belfast tomorrow morning and borrowing their 911 GTS demonstrator for a few days. Must say I am very pleased with just how little deprecation I have had in eighteen months so has to rank as the best I have ever owned. The Macan was brilliant but just want to go for a full fat sports car before I'm to old to get in and out of it.
I have today put down a deposit on a 911GTS for April delivery
Like a few others here who have moved to other vehicles I will be hanging around and occasionally throwing my tuppence worth in.

Good news, Rab! :)

So did Porsche Belfast match the London offer?

A few days in a 991.2 GTS. Happy days! 😎

Feel free to share details of how much value your Macan retained after how many miles. ;)

I reckon the Carmine Red was the secret to great residuals! :lol:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Col Lamb wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:22 pm I can fully see why 911 is the way to go, if I was not such a decripit old git I would probably already be in one or a Panny (but not a red one).

Red's the best colour for a Porsche, Col. You know it. ;)
Simon

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Great news 👍

Remember the photos in April.
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Belfast came very close to London, close enough that it didn't make sense to pay the travel costs to London and back. Of course they knew this and pitched their offer at that level.
It seems to have lost only around 4k or so, nothing short of brilliant IMHO.
Yes the colour certainly helped, stealth doesn't figure in second hand Porsche buyers wish list. My car was almost a carbon copy of the one in the Porsche GTS adds, 21" classics worth almost all their cost new it seems. Second hand buyers pay for what they can see and care little for hidden extras, even if like air they improve the car.
Trying hard to keep this in mind when specking the 911.
At the moment torn between Carmine and GT if only because my last three Porsches were red.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Wow! £4k over 18 months! Staggering! I lost £5k on my 2.0 Macan in 4 weeks! :shock: :oops:

They must be looking to sell it for at least what it cost you when new!?

Either Carmine or GT on your GTS 911 would look great. My heart would go for Carmine. Maybe sensible head would say GT Silver and save a few quid, but sometimes life's too short to be sensible! :)

Please let us know how your 911 GTS spec develops...!
Simon

norfolk & idea

Post by norfolk & idea »

Wow, great news on residuals. And from an OPC too! Great Phantom pic btw.
Elucius

Post by Elucius »

I've a 991.2 4 GTS, which I've had since May and have done some 3k miles in it. Its a fantastic car to drive, I'm sure you will love it.
I'm fortunate to also have a Macan, Diesel S, as my daily driver so the 911 is my weekend etc car.
VanB

Post by VanB »

Sounds like a perfect combination, Elucius.

Rab keep us updated on your spec. I toyed with Carmine on mine but went GT in the end. IMO the car looks fantastic in either but GT is a real classic colour. I would guess pretty lightly optioned is the way to go and a lot of the available gizmos not really needed unless you are going to track it.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate