"Top 102 SUVs rated"

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

johnd wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:40 pm
ScotMac wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:17 pm I suppose practicality is important for a lot of Macan owners (5 seats etc.) otherwise we would have bought a 911.
Well yes, but in the context of an SUV, for practicality don't they tend to mean things like boot size, rear leg room, whether it seats 5 comfortably, or even seats 7 in some cases, ground clearance etc for off-road use and so on, none of which the Macan would score very highly on.
Very few SUV's ever venture off road (mine included - don't want to get my wheels muddy :D ).

Frenchy

Post by Frenchy »

The first 5 are UV , not SUV...
most of the time, people forget the meaning of the "S" , it stands for Sport, not S**t !!
Macan GTS - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHWGUL86
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

As usual the mag is taking the pi55.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
JBA

Post by JBA »

andreas wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:55 pm
JBA wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:43 pm Land Rover Discovery - the most ugly looking SUV
Peugeots - you'd have to have some strong faith in this brand's reliability, build quality and depreciation by rating it above a Porsche.
It's intriguing that Land Rover's website gallery doesn't include a rear view of the Discovery! What an amazingly fugly car!

As for Peugeots, you know what Mr Clarkson said about people who drive them....
Haha good point andreas. Actually I think the whole JLR 4x4 range are boxy designs and very over rated. But for some rason the car pundits, including the usually impeccable Mr Clarkson, seem to love them.
Macan GTS Mark 1 - bought new 2017 and sold 2024
Macan GTS Mark 3 - bought new 2024
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Why do some people care about car mag rankings? The only thing that matters is your own personal ranking. All the cars on that list will appeal to someone for whatever personal reasons they may have.

I'm no Land Rover fan, but even I can see their appeal for certain usage e.g. big load carrying capacity and off-road. The Macan is more of a crossover sports car than a typical SUV. It's pointless to compare and rank such different beasts, but mags love to do just that sort of thing!
John_M

Post by John_M »

ScotMac wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:17 pm I suppose practicality is important for a lot of Macan owners (5 seats etc.) otherwise we would have bought a 911.
Personally it is less 5 seats and more drivers seat position and space, especially wrt to ground getting in and out (joys of being tall and suffering some back issues in past). I don't think I would have considered 911, I'd be more interested in a GT style car but have settled for SUV style to make life easy