“I own a Macan and I particularly like...”

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
грязныйдизель

Post by грязныйдизель »

I’ve been lurking here a while and I’ve noticed that most posts are about other cars, other brands, and many posts are from people who don’t even own a Macan.

Wouldn’t it be nice if there was a thread with positive contributions from actual owners?

Perhaps with each post starting: “I own a Macan and I particularly like...”

Nice and positive and welcoming to potential owners like me.

Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Hello Dirty Diesel! ;-)
I think that there are a lot of positive posts from the actual owners too, most people are very happy with their choices of Macans.
It's just that lately the off-topic threads got a touch hot with EV's and such as it is a very passionately discussed topic not just on our forum.
That is why you see these post first because they sit at the top of the new posts list. ;)

One can find a good advice and discussion with fellow owners. People are very helpful!
Just look in all the different sections of the forum on the index board.
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

+1. This is a very diverse and friendly forum, and certainly not Macan-only! :lol:

Most of us, if not all, are Porsche fans. :geek:

I only owned my Macan for a short period, but am now probably set to be a lifelong Porsche driver!

I've been on a few motoring forums, but this is definitely my favourite, and in my opinion the best that I've come across. :)

"I owned a Macan and particularly liked its design, build quality, performance (yes, even from the 2.0), practicality and equipment levels. It's great that you can really personalise your Macan. You still don't see that many around. It will hold its value better than most. It drives and handles really well for a relatively heavy SUV. Oh, and it's a Porsche!!" ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Macandriver

Post by Macandriver »

Agreed that this forum is full of positive comments from happy Macan owners.

However to answer your question, I like the look of the car inside and out, the quality of the two tone leather interior, the sound of the engine (pertrol), the way the car drives comfortably in normal mode and like a beast in sport mode, and the way the car handles when cornering. I’ve also enjoyed the experiences that come with ownership such as the PEC day, new model launches at the Porsche dealerships, Christophorus magazine and Porsche club GB events.
Porsche code http://www.porsche-code.com/PHDZWZV6
Petrol S deposit 17 Oct 2015: Lockdown 6 Jun 2016: Collected 14 Oct 2016
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Oh yes, forgot to answer. 🙉

I am on my second Macan. I swapped to a Turbo from a Diesel since I really only use the car for pleasure at weekends and the occasional road trip. I was never interested in SUV’s but after we got our Cayman GTS we realized how well the Porsches were engineered and put together. So we started looking at Macans as our “sensible” car / dog transport.

We were very happy with our SD as we are with the Turbo now. We love the looks, the quality and the handling of course. 😃 The dinosaur infotainment tech doesn’t really bother us. 😉
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Like Semerka we are on our second Macan, also a Turbo after a diesel.

Absolutely love them both but the Turbo far more than the SD.

Great ride, great handling, great comfort, effortless cruising, great ACC.

Do not care at all about the infotainment quirks, it plays the music off my SD card perfectly, the SatNav whilst quirky has not failed to get us to were we want to go, it programmes easier than the one in the Audi we had.

Not using the car today and I have already programmed in a destination for tomorrow on my iPhone, its so easy.

My night vision is not what it was and I find that the LED headlights are absolutely brilliant.

Downsides, poor rear quarter vision, the odd software fault (SurCam black screen occasionally), they are dirt magnets, so not really much to gripe about at all.

Upsides, the smile on my face when I put the foot down and get the growl, the smug look that I have whenever I am driving it.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

It's a lovely car to drive, and the seating position seems to be perfect for both of us with the 18 ways.

Sat nav has been fine for me although really I've been enjoying driving rather than playing with that

It's our third Porsche alongside a 928 (mine) and 996 (Partner's) and I feel cars are developing fast.

We love them all so rather greedily haven't sold the other two although the Macan gets most use.

My 94 year old mother loves being given lifts now!
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Semerka wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:49 pm Hello Dirty Diesel! ;-)
I think that there are a lot of positive posts from the actual owners too, most people are very happy with their choices of Macans.
It's just that lately the off-topic threads got a touch hot with EV's and such as it is a very passionately discussed topic not just on our forum.
That is why you see these post first because they sit at the top of the new posts list. ;)

One can find a good advice and discussion with fellow owners. People are very helpful!
Just look in all the different sections of the forum on the index board.
10/10, well spotted :D :D :D

I still love my Macan. It is a brilliant machine, not perfect, but brilliant in many ways (sounds like me :oops: :? :D )
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

I would say that almost everyone that's contributes to this forum loves their Macan. And what's not to love!

The only truly negative experiences, of which there may have been a couple in my experience (something over 2 years), have come from owners that have been so unfortunate as to have some unsolvable manufacturing gremlin. I would say that 99% of those who have changed to other vehicles have done so for the following reasons...

Trading up - Bentley, McLaren etc
Back to 2 seats - unusually to 911, Boxster, Cayman
Financial crisis

Oh... and very occasionally one of those electric things that were all so enthusiastic about! 😉

And most if not all former owners are still visiting and contributing to the forum.

I think that says everything.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

грязныйдизель wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:22 pm
Perhaps with each post starting: “I own a Macan and I particularly like...”

Nice and positive and welcoming to potential owners like me.
I own (well me and Clydesdale Bank!) a Macan and I particularly like the fact that 'your' Macan can be built to a very detailed individual specification. My Macan (No2) is a great car, carefully specced within my budget and although there are details I would like to see improved or changed, I would still buy Macan No3 even if they stay the same in the facelift.
No other SUV comes close to the overall Macan package and we have a great dealer network here in the UK. As a Porsche, it's a drivers car, with astonishing abilities for its weight and size. If in doubt, a few hours with an instructor at Silverstone or Leipzig will convince you.
Most posts are Macan related, but we are Porsche and Auto enthusiasts as well.
Last edited by Bigboyrolo on Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16