Very Early View of My New Macan Petrol S

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Marra

Post by Marra »

I've had my Macan for just over a week now and have some early views to share:

[*] My first Porsche and I absolutely LOVE it!
[*] 1st class handover experience
[*] 14 way seats, I found a very comfortable position very quickly
[*] The ride on 19" wheels and comfort setting on PSM is fabulous and exactly what I wanted after 5 years on 19" run flats and sport suspension in my BMW
[*] Heated steering wheel already appreciated
[*] Volcano Grey is beautiful in all light conditions
[*] I really like the sat nav (Google Earth) and find the destination much easier to set with the touch screen than the iDrive
[*] How did I ever manage without DAB radio
[*] Braking is brilliant
[*] The engine is obviously very tight but shows signs of what is to come
[*] Parking sensors sometimes go off in traffic rather than just when the car is in reverse
[*] LED lights - WOW!
[*] Boot is big enough for my needs
[*] I'm 5'11" and have the front seat set comfortably and there seems to be plenty of room in the back for the very rare occasion that I carry more than one other person
[*] So pleased I specced the sunroof - it really brightens up the interior
[*] Slowly getting used to the buttons
[*] The hold function is very handy
[*] Oh, and it's a PORSCHE!!!!! Which gives me a thrill whenever I get in it or even look out and see it on the drive.

This list is certainly not exhaustive. More in depth opinions to come when I've had it longer.

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Great that you're loving your Macan Marra. I recognise a lot of your first impressions! When the parking sensors are bugging you in traffic you can turn them off via the overhead console, but remember to turn them back on again!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Guy

Post by Guy »

Nuclear Nick wrote: ↑Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:22 am When the parking sensors are bugging you in traffic
Sometimes they just need a really good clean. Even a residue of cleaning products may be enough to trigger them erroneously. There have also been reports of slightly loose front number plates triggering them.
Virage11

Post by Virage11 »

8-) :D excellent!
Current Porsches: 991.2 GT3 RS
Previous Porsches: Macan x4 (one of each), Panamera x2, 996x2, 997x2, Cayenne S, Boxster S, Cayman S x2, Boxster Spyder, 991.1 Turbo S, 991.2 GT3 (manual), 718 Cayman GTS (PDK)
Others: way too many...
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

We all relate to your experience, it is all part of becoming a Maconista.

The things that will bug you are in reality minor, if any gets to eat at you just arrange a test drive of any other vehicle (would suggest a Jag) then all the niggles in the Macan will become insignificant.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Lovely summary Marra and glad you are enjoying it.

Parking sensors are different on a number of new model cars and the new BMW / Mini work the same way as the Macan where they are active all the time.
Sometimes a little too sensitive but as per above comment push that button.

Nice to hear you prefer the touch screen which is rare. I think the PCM is very good but I still prefer the dials in all my cars instead of using the touch screen.
Well if I am stationary then the touch screen is great though 😊. The Sat NAV I find very good and so far has been great in constant use πŸ‘
GTS πŸ˜€
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

It is nice to be driving a Porsche :D :D :D
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I’ve programmed my 5 year old son to remind me to turn them back on. He’s remarkably reliable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Hawkeye wrote: ↑Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:48 pm I’ve programmed my 5 year old son to remind me to turn them back on. He’s remarkably reliable!

πŸ‘πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Marra wrote: ↑Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:34 am
[*] Parking sensors sometimes go off in traffic rather than just when the car is in reverse
The parking sensors are on the front as well as the back and are active below around 5 mph. It can be disconcerting in queues if the car behind gets too close (or you misjudge the space between you and the car in front ;) ).
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel