Facelift anxiety

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
LLL

Post by LLL »

What I've heard from my local OPC until just recently was that the Facelifted Macan were due for introduction spring 2018, but new information indicates something else like already has been mentioned in this thread by others. The facelift has been delayed 6 months+ and we'll probably not see introduction prior to Frankfurt and customer deliveries lagging another quarter or so as a minimum, like always when new models are revealed.

Reason being emission problems with engine line-up meeting WLTP (RDE)-requirements and hybrid solutions that takes longer to develop than Porsche initial expected. Seems like it's not only Tesla that are experiencing delays these days ;)

Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

I think this sounds possible as the spy shots we all saw surfaced in March... if it’s only a minor change why would it take the best part of a year and a half to release it .
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
andreas

Post by andreas »

Unless the 6 months delay is so they can change the display and buttons? They must be aware they're lagging behind in the tech stakes, and it's a long time before the Macan 2 will arrive.

My car should be leaving the factory around now. I initially worried about the possibility of an early facelift affecting its residual value, but decided that life's too short to worry about these things. Whenever we buy a car/computer/phone/TV/washing machine, there's always a newer better option a month or so later!
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

A difficult decision.

I doubt you would be disappointed with either you go for. It’s a question of can you wait for the facelift and when it does come if it doesn’t have enough changes will it feel a let down to you?
Also price increases etc too. Would you be happy to pay the extra for the facelift if prices increased?
If you asked this question earlier in the year I would have NOT waited for the facelift personally.... now I would have to think about it.
GTS 😀
eakae

Post by eakae »

004459A3-FFA2-490E-95AC-A1C888FA1B23.png

If it’s going to have a plastic strip running across the back like this Kia Sportage you might want to ensure you get your Macan ahead of the facelift!!

Joking aside, I find myself in a similar position. My new Macan is due in May so have had bouts of doubt. I really like the new interior in the Panamera and Cayenne but I have a particular dislike for the plastic strip on the back of the Cayenne which, for whatever reason, I find quite offensive.

I’ve therefore decided to go with the current version. If I develop order envy a year from now then I can always swap it...
Current: Defender V8 CE
Sold: Macan Turbo PP
Back to OPC: Cayenne
Back to OPC: Macan Turbo
Macandriver

Post by Macandriver »

When we ordered ours in Oct 2015 with an estimated delivery of Oct 2016 we were discussing whether to delay for the facelift version then, as it was thought at that time that the facelift would be in 2017 and would include a hybrid. We’re glad we bit the bullet and went for it at that time. The wait was awful but we’ve really enjoyed the car for the last 13 months and 7000ish miles that we’ve had it.
Porsche code http://www.porsche-code.com/PHDZWZV6
Petrol S deposit 17 Oct 2015: Lockdown 6 Jun 2016: Collected 14 Oct 2016