There it was , gone...

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
spook

Post by spook »

911 C2 Pickup 14th April 2018 :D :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJN1HBF2
Pensioner Petrol S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHMKHZF4 - Deposit place 11/11/14 - Pick up 09/05/16 - SOLD 30/08/17 :-(

macview19

Post by macview19 »

With Keyless Entry there is a key fixed in key location all the time and cannot be removed this lets you know on the Macan if keyless entry is fitted to vehicle. I tried to remove this fixed key on my Diesel Macan but Center informed it is fixed .The Stoplocks with the Bar can be forced and yes always p
ut keys to activate locking system in Faraday pouches.The copper /brass content in the pouches stops the signal from the keys being hacked.
VanB

Post by VanB »

macview19 wrote:With Keyless Entry there is a key fixed in key location all the time and cannot be removed this lets you know on the Macan if keyless entry is fitted to vehicle. I tried to remove this fixed key on my Diesel Macan but Center informed it is fixed .The Stoplocks with the Bar can be forced and yes always p
ut keys to activate locking system in Faraday pouches.The copper /brass content in the pouches stops the signal from the keys being hacked.
Then you have to take the key out to open the car so why have keyless entry (I have it on the Macan but not getting it on the 991)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

After reading Bazza’s security thread I cannot understand why anyone would specify Entry and Drive.

Also a guy in the USA with said system dropped his Wife off at the Mall entrance and he drove over to the far side of the car park only to find that his Wife had the one and only key.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:47 pm After reading Bazza’s security thread I cannot understand why anyone would specify Entry and Drive.

Also a guy in the USA with said system dropped his Wife off at the Mall entrance and he drove over to the far side of the car park only to find that his Wife had the one and only key.
Yes agree. The problem is so many of the models that are targeted come with keyless entry as standard with no option to remove it. This is why specific models are targeted and also certain areas too. This has been goning in for a few years now but the technology required costs peanuts and it’s not hard to purchase. Imagine what these scumbags are paid for 1 minutes work to steal that car.

Faraday pouch / tin works well.
The argument is having keyless entry means they won’t break into your house for the keys. My argument is your house should have excellent security to protect your family irrelevant of what car you have.

So for me keyless Entry is not something I want or like.
The ghost immobiliser is an excellent device even though it had been overcome due to a flaw which has now been fixed and a Focus RS had been stolen.

Idea is do whatever you can not to make yourself an easy target and have good home and car security.

These scumbags are not the joyriders of the 80’s and 90’s.

Manufacturers have been very complacent.
They could easily make your key fob go into sleep mode if not moved for a period of time to help against this keyless entry theft.
GTS 😀
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

I had the keyless entry on my secondhand 123d BMW coupe and it was handy, I must say, but not essential. It is now in our Macan that we bought secondhand and again I do like the convenience. I am a woman, so my car key is always in my bag or backpack, since I do not wear trousers to work, so it's great to just throw the bag in the rear footwell and off I go without fishing for keys.

If you live in a block of flats with underground parking then I don't think these types of thefts are a worry.
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
VanB

Post by VanB »

My wife convinced me to have keyless entry on the Macan and I never found it much of a problem to fish the key out of my pocket and put it in the ignition but as my wife drives the Macan regularly I complied and I totally understand the benefits of not fishing in your handbag for the key. However, given the likelihood that my wife will drive my next car very rarely I've gone without keyless entry and going back to fishing the key out of my pocket.

Car lives on a secure drive overnight and a secure office compound during the day so don't think security is the biggest issue for me.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Semerka wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:17 pm If you live in a block of flats with underground parking then I don't think these types of thefts are a worry.
If only you knew how easy it is to read, store and clone the frequencies to open the entrances to car parks. They generally use very low level security devices.

Then, if you have them, there is the physical security insider threat (guards). Generally low paid and could be open to taking a back-hander to allow thieves access and egress.

I have dealt with this element previously.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Bazza06 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:35 pm
Semerka wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:17 pm If you live in a block of flats with underground parking then I don't think these types of thefts are a worry.
If only you knew how easy it is to read, store and clone the frequencies to open the entrances to car parks. They generally use very low level security devices.

Then, if you have them, there is the physical security insider threat (guards). Generally low paid and could be open to taking a back-hander to allow thieves access and egress.

Sorry to hear that, of course that is a real threat. We had that in our u/ground car park too, they are not that secure really.
But the type of theft involving amplifying the signal from your car key which is in your flat on 5th floor and your car is in the car park underneath is not possible here (I don't think).
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Semerka wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:54 pm
Bazza06 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:35 pm

Sorry to hear that, of course that is a real threat. We had that in our u/ground car park too, they are not that secure really.
But the type of theft involving amplifying the signal from your car key which is in your flat on 5th floor and your car is in the car park underneath is not possible here (I don't think).
You're correct. I was thinking more about the thefts via OBD port intrusion which is very common.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver