There it was , gone...

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

andreas wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:44 pm
Dandock wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:38 pm This could help... ;)

A man in Australia was sacked after he relied on a 180-year-old scientific discovery to help prevent his colleagues discovering his whereabouts while he played golf during work hours.
Tom Colella, a 60-year-old  electrician in Perth, lost his job after an anonymous letter to his firm claimed that he left work to play golf at least 140 times over the last two years.
Australia’s Fair Work Commission, a workplace tribunal, heard that Mr Colella blocked his whereabouts by storing his personal digital assistant, a phone-like device that has a GPS inside inside, in an empty foil packet of Twisties, a puffy cheese-based snack that is popular in Australia.
The tribunal found that the packet was deliberately used to operate  as an elaborate “Faraday cage” - an enclosure which can block electromagnetic fields - and prevented his employer knowing his location.

When I first started work, in the European headquarters of a major motor manufacturer, one of my colleagues spent most afternoons "entertaining" a young housewife who lived in a block of flats nearby. This was before the days of mobile phones. Every time he went off to visit her, he left his jacket on the back of his chair. People would answer his phone and say "...Can I get him to call you back? He can't be far away as his jacket's here..."
Way back in early 70s I'd just left art college and was working for the display department of NW Gas. Our base was about 10 mins from the local offices and my boss's boss. My boss, Des, was having an affair and used to go off during the day. When he went out he would put an opened up paper clip around each button of his phone so that the handset would appear to be on the cradle when, in actual fact, it was resting on the paper clips and not depressing the buttons. With it so far?
His boss would phone him and get an engaged tone. He'd phone again with the same result. Eventually he'd get impatient, jump in his car and drive down to our place - only to find that Des's phone was on the cradle so assumed Des had just slipped out whilst he'd been in transit! Worked every time and Des never ever got caught - except by us who would occasionally see his car parked up on the moors!
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀

Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

These stories made me smile. At least they didn't get caught and used some Ingenuity to get away with it. Unlike a senior manager of a very well known US Asset Manager I worked for in the 90s. His inFidelity at their Luxembourg office was caught on the first ever security camera installed in the car park of the office there. It must have been more comfy in his Jag than on the Moors
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Dandock wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:38 pm This could help... ;)

A man in Australia was sacked after he relied on a 180-year-old scientific discovery to help prevent his colleagues discovering his whereabouts while he played golf during work hours.
Tom Colella, a 60-year-old  electrician in Perth, lost his job after an anonymous letter to his firm claimed that he left work to play golf at least 140 times over the last two years.
Australia’s Fair Work Commission, a workplace tribunal, heard that Mr Colella blocked his whereabouts by storing his personal digital assistant, a phone-like device that has a GPS inside inside, in an empty foil packet of Twisties, a puffy cheese-based snack that is popular in Australia.
The tribunal found that the packet was deliberately used to operate  as an elaborate “Faraday cage” - an enclosure which can block electromagnetic fields - and prevented his employer knowing his location.
:lol: Genius! :lol:
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Funny how easy it is to get sidetracked with stories of s*x!

Anyway, here's a follow up to the OP:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england ... rime-theft
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Whilst still being sidetracked.

A colleague of mine had to take the Wife of a deceased tenant who leased a lock up garage to view the contents only to find the garage carpeted, decorated and complete with a fully made up bed.

:o
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
happy days

Post by happy days »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:24 am Whilst still being sidetracked.

A colleague of mine had to take the Wife of a deceased tenant who leased a lock up garage to view the contents only to find the garage carpeted, decorated and complete with a fully made up bed.

How do you get out of that one? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Macan S D
718 S
Paul

Post by Paul »

happy days wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:45 am

“ well, darling, it was when I was working shifts and didn’t want to disturb you when I came home”........how’s that?😂😂😉
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Paul wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:12 pm

“ well, darling, it was when I was working shifts and didn’t want to disturb you when I came home”........how’s that?😂😂😉
That seems to have come very easily. 😉
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Dandock wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:23 pm
happy days wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:45 am How do you get out of that one? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
happy days

Post by happy days »

Dandock wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:23 pm

Methinks there are a few more lurking in there as well! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :!: :!: :!:
Macan S D
718 S