There it was , gone...

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Welcome back Barry :)

Something i have come across is the Faraday pouches stop working after a short period of time (month or two).
Not that well documented but seems to be the case.

I had to do some testing and i found the cases failed after a couple of months for some friends.
A tin always worked every time...

Have you come across this?
GTS 😀

Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Hi Kas.

I've never heard of that but will make some enquiries with one of the suppliers..
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

How can a Faraday case fail?
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Col M

Post by Col M »

CharlesElliott wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:25 pm How can a Faraday case fail?
Cracks at the joints?
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Col M wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:45 pm
CharlesElliott wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:25 pm How can a Faraday case fail?
Cracks at the joints?
Yes I think this may be part of the issue.
If you go into amazon and search for faraday pouches and read the reviews even though most of them are good there are a number that report the problem with them stopped working after x weeks.
I assumed they were probably putting the key in the wrong part of the pouch.

I did some testing and found within 8 weeks the pouch stopped working.

I will be testing some more for a friend and will report back.

My advise would be on occasion test them yourself if you have keyless Entry.
GTS 😀
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Or use a foil snack pack - renewed regularly - as did our Aussie friend.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

The one I offered a few months back has a section in which the key must be put. I can only assume that if the key has been put outside of that area, albeit still internal, it will fail to stop the signal emitting.

I have asked a supplier if they are aware of any issues and will report back.

As already indicated, if there is wear and tear and the perimeter has been breached this will make it less effective.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Bazza06 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:58 pm The one I offered a few months back has a section in which the key must be put. I can only assume that if the key has been put outside of that area, albeit still internal, it will fail to stop the signal emitting.

I have asked a supplier if they are aware of any issues and will report back.

As already indicated, if there is wear and tear and the perimeter has been breached this will make it less effective.
Yes that is correct. Idea is you can put a key in one and a mobile in the other. Mobile still works and key does not.
I checked again and it was definitely in the correct pouch. Have tested it a number of times over a couple of days. A new pouch and perfect again.
It’s just a thin lining so it would be very interesting to hear back of any reported issues.
GTS 😀
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I heard back from one of my contacts who confirmed that a problem with signal leakage had been identified. The pouches they provide have since been redesigned, they are sending me some samples to test.

I presume you identified the problem with yours by holding the pouch, with the key inside, near to the vehicle?
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Bazza06 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:48 am I heard back from one of my contacts who confirmed that a problem with signal leakage had been identified. The pouches they provide have since been redesigned, they are sending me some samples to test.

I presume you identified the problem with yours by holding the pouch, with the key inside, near to the vehicle?
That's good to know they have been identified.
I am also testing currently for a friends car and the replacement pouch is working fine. Will be testing it regularly to see how long it takes to deteriorate.

So currently a Metal tin for the key is also being used when home / work.
GTS 😀