First Porsche Speeding Fine ......Sigh

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

Peteski wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:38 pm
ScotMac wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:13 pm
Hadn't even thought of "speed limiting" - might be a good idea especially on longer runs.
I got the idea from the Tesla demo cars, which are all limited to 85 mph. It's almost comedy how quickly they hit the limiter too! I think I'd want a bit more of a buffer, so thought I'd try 90 to start with and see how often I hit it.

At the other end of the spectrum, I found that having only 1 gear and strong regeneration braking helped a lot in keeping to 30 mph limits. I always find those hard work in manual cars, although not such an issue with decent automatics.

Nope!

You still won't convince me to buy suped up milk float.

macview19

Post by macview19 »

The statistics on20mph Zones over the pasts few years contrary to what is told serious accidents have increased by 26 percent in these areas but there is obvious less speeding in 30 MPH zones and most motorists appear to be driving just a little bit slower in my opinion .It is the Speed Bumps
that are a real pain in 20MPH zones causing wasted fuel and damage to vehicle suspension.In Edinburgh we had a councillor named BEGG who
introduced widening of pedestrian pavements throughout the city this has caused even more congestion because when a Lothian bus stops all traffic following also stops on certain routes causing even more frustration.Perhaps its a devious way to make us use public transport
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Peteski wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:38 pm
ScotMac wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:13 pm
Hadn't even thought of "speed limiting" - might be a good idea especially on longer runs.
I got the idea from the Tesla demo cars, which are all limited to 85 mph. It's almost comedy how quickly they hit the limiter too! I think I'd want a bit more of a buffer, so thought I'd try 90 to start with and see how often I hit it.

At the other end of the spectrum, I found that having only 1 gear and strong regeneration braking helped a lot in keeping to 30 mph limits. I always find those hard work in manual cars, although not such an issue with decent automatics.
Not sure if our Tesla car was limited, it certainly wasn't mentioned. They were very fast but not sure what sort of speed we went at. They do slow down very quickly when you take your foot off the accelerator. Probably the only thing that makes it feel different to drive.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Peteski wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:58 pm When I had my 911 C4S, I often ended up finding myself well into 3 figures when getting carried away. It's just too easy and would be even easier in a Turbo.

It is also deceivingly easy to get into three figures in a Panamera 4, or a 718 Boxster loaner :oops:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

macview19 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:09 pm The statistics on20mph Zones over the pasts few years contrary to what is told serious accidents have increased by 26 percent in these areas but there is obvious less speeding in 30 MPH zones and most motorists appear to be driving just a little bit slower in my opinion .It is the Speed Bumps
that are a real pain in 20MPH zones causing wasted fuel and damage to vehicle suspension.In Edinburgh we had a councillor named BEGG who
introduced widening of pedestrian pavements throughout the city this has caused even more congestion because when a Lothian bus stops all traffic following also stops on certain routes causing even more frustration.Perhaps its a devious way to make us use public transport
Jeremy Clarkson had a great idea - Ban All Buses - If you are too poor to buy a car then buy a bike. Great idea :D
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Wing Commander wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:22 pm
Peteski wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:58 pm When I had my 911 C4S, I often ended up finding myself well into 3 figures when getting carried away. It's just too easy and would be even easier in a Turbo.

It is also deceivingly easy to get into three figures in a Panamera 4, or a 718 Boxster loaner :oops:
The diesel Panamera I drove was definitely into three figures (can't remember actual speed) very easily. What a beast it was. Lovely machine :D

(This was of course on the Silverstone race circuit :oops: :oops: :oops: )
Col M

Post by Col M »

ScotMac wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:27 pm
macview19 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:09 pm The statistics on20mph Zones over the pasts few years contrary to what is told serious accidents have increased by 26 percent in these areas but there is obvious less speeding in 30 MPH zones and most motorists appear to be driving just a little bit slower in my opinion .It is the Speed Bumps
Jeremy Clarkson had a great idea - Ban All Buses - If you are too poor to buy a car then buy a bike. Great idea :D
20mph zones were a right pain in my old car as cruise control would only work at 30+ so had to split my attention far more than at 30.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Don't even get started on 20mph zones. I have now taken to only driving in 1st gear in Sport or Sport plus to be as polluting as I can possbly be in those areas. Accelerate, off the throttle as quickly as possible wait for the burble, blip the throttle for the crackle, smile. Rinse and repeat
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Similar to unnecessary traffic lights which seem to be springing up everywhere. "Lets have all the traffic sitting polluting and going nowhere" :?
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Nosmo wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:37 pm Don't even get started on 20mph zones. I have now taken to only driving in 1st gear in Sport or Sport plus to be as polluting as I can possbly be in those areas. Accelerate, off the throttle as quickly as possible wait for the burble, blip the throttle for the crackle, smile. Rinse and repeat
Pleased to know that I'm not the only one.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16