First Porsche Speeding Fine ......Sigh

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

ScotMac wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:13 pm
Peteski wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:58 pm
ScotMac wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:20 pm
If you get caught at 100 mph + you are possibly sent to jail along with the child killers. Not really worth it.

Another reason why I don't really want a 911 turbo :( :( :(
I agree, just not worth it and 100 is not even a thrill anyway in a car capable of 190+ mph. Better to just chill out and go with the flow. I'm even seriously thinking of limiting my new Tesla to 90 mph to avoid any temptation to stray. When I had my 911 C4S, I often ended up finding myself well into 3 figures when getting carried away. It's just too easy and would be even easier in a Turbo.
Hadn't even thought of "speed limiting" - might be a good idea especially on longer runs.
I learned to love the speed limiter on my Jag after a speed awareness course and then 9 points all in 5 months, I had to be ultra careful for almost 3yrs so used it all the time. Now all the points have just expired so back to a clean license and if I transgress (which I will) and get caught (I am super observant and use a GPS camera locator) it should be just another speed awareness course (yawn, play the game). Then I bought a Porsche, not yet used the speed limiter, mmmmm!
I get my 100+ thrills in Germany, just foolish and dangerous to go that fast in the UK.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16

Macananon

Post by Macananon »

Bigboyrolo wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:07 pm

I agree, just not worth it and 100 is not even a thrill anyway in a car capable of 190+ mph. Better to just chill out and go with the flow. I'm even seriously thinking of limiting my new Tesla to 90 mph to avoid any temptation to stray. When I had my 911 C4S, I often ended up finding myself well into 3 figures when getting carried away. It's just too easy and would be even easier in a Turbo.
Hadn't even thought of "speed limiting" - might be a good idea especially on longer runs.
I learned to love the speed limiter on my Jag after a speed awareness course and then 9 points all in 5 months, I had to be ultra careful for almost 3yrs so used it all the time. Now all the points have just expired so back to a clean license and if I transgress (which I will) and get caught (I am super observant and use a GPS camera locator) it should be just another speed awareness course (yawn, play the game). Then I bought a Porsche, not yet used the speed limiter, mmmmm!
I get my 100+ thrills in Germany, just foolish and dangerous to go that fast in the UK.

Were you not paying attention at the speed awareness course. :roll:
Col M

Post by Col M »

The course went by in a flash.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Paul

Post by Paul »

Col M wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:43 am The course went by in a flash.

https://youtu.be/OBpwIDgJGCs

😂
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Macananon wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:06 am
Were you not paying attention at the speed awareness course. :roll:
Yes of course, I managed to stay awake while the do-gooders preached to us. I heard nothing of value or relevance to me. The whole system is a big money spinner really, very little to do with road safety.
Last edited by Bigboyrolo on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Col M wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:43 am The course went by in a flash.
:lol:
Obebiker

Post by Obebiker »

I thought I got caught just over 2 weeks ago. Went past a van at 85 on a quiet dual carriageway on a Sunday evening. Been holding my breath every time the postman comes, but looks like I got away with it. Passed it again last Sunday and looks like they finish their shift at 20.00, I flew past at just that time the week before so was just super lucky😁
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Bigboyrolo wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:07 pm

It is too easy to end up on 9 points (or 12 !!) - you can just be unlucky. A couple of years ago I had 6.

Will have to be on my best behavior now.