First Porsche Speeding Fine ......Sigh

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
happy days

Post by happy days »

Where I live there are only two lane motorways or dual carriageways, with one exception where there is a four lane motorway which becomes two separate carriageways. Hence the overtaking lane comment.
Macan S D
718 S

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

happy days wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:55 am i think it's time for a series of public information films again to educate the newer drivers that the outside lane is called the overtaking lane. Once you have overtaken, move back to the nearside lane again. Come back Reginald Molehusband!
This would be a great idea but unlikely to happen. I don't think the police mind as it slows down us idiots in our fast cars who quite like to go at the speed limit.

There are many reasons for lane hoggers and as roads get busier things will only get worse unfortunately. I'm thinking of becoming a lane hog myself as they don't tend to get speeding fines :shock: :shock: :shock:
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

I recently attended a speed awareness course, just because I was driving at a sensible safe speed on an empty motorway.

Anyhow, I was amazed when they asked us to fill in waht the speed limit was for various vehicles on various roads, how many people actually thought the speed limit was lower than the actual permissible speed. So therein lies the problem of lane hoggers, they may not actually realise that they can travel faster than they are and so are innocently albeit ignorantly, causing angst to drivers who are more aware.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Macananon wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:23 pm I recently attended a speed awareness course, just because I was driving at a sensible safe speed on an empty motorway.

Anyhow, I was amazed when they asked us to fill in waht the speed limit was for various vehicles on various roads, how many people actually thought the speed limit was lower than the actual permissible speed. So therein lies the problem of lane hoggers, they may not actually realise that they can travel faster than they are and so are innocently albeit ignorantly, causing angst to drivers who are more aware.
As per whoever it was travelling at a stellar 39-41 from the M4 via Tetbury and onwards to Cirencester last week, the majority of which is a 50 limit. 😡
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
VanB

Post by VanB »

I drive my daughter's car at 68ish mph on the motorway (sorry) but it does have a black box and she got awfully close to losing her cover!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

...and I bet that most traffic is whizzing by (including me) when you're doing 68mph, as the vast majority of folks on our motorways exceed 70mph... :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Wing Commander wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:48 pm ...and I bet that most traffic is whizzing by (including me) when you're doing 68mph, as the vast majority of folks on our motorways exceed 70mph... :geek:
Except that there’ll be a queue to get past behind the Mr or Mrs Molehusband doing exactly 70 - cos that’s what’s allowed. 😂
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
VanB

Post by VanB »

Yep people whizzing by at best part of 100 mph all the time. So much so that it is actually difficult to pull out to overtake a lorry doing 60!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

I remember the scary experience of driving on a motorway/dual carriageway in my Volvo C70 shod with a space saver spare wheel and keeping to no more than 55mph :o :shock: :cry:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Wing Commander wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:22 pm I remember the scary experience of driving on a motorway/dual carriageway in my Volvo C70 shod with a space saver spare wheel and keeping to no more than 55mph :o :shock: :cry:
I was doing 50 one day on my punctured run flats and felt a right lemon.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)