Detailing

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Rams

Post by Rams »

Looking to get my car detailed per the below. How much do you think it should cos and how much did you pay if you don't mind sharing for your detail. Did it make a huge difference?

- Gtechniq CSL & EXOv3 - This is the best combination for protection, the tough and durable coating from Crystal Serum Light help prevent marring, swirling and chemical damage. The top coat of EXO will provide the wax like gloss and ease of maintenance.

Wheel Protection

- Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour (12 Month Protection): This is the best protection available for wheel protection, the coating crystalizes to the wheel helping prevent the build up of dirt and brake dust.

Glass Protection
- Gtechniq G1 Smart Vision (12 Month Protection): The coating leaves a hydrophobic layer on the glass keeping the glass cleaner for longer, also helping prevent ice build up in cold weather:

Interior Protection
- Gtechniq Total Surface protection - Gtechniq L1 Leather guard on all leathers, C6 on all matt plastics and I1 on all fabrics. These products offer protection from staining, discoloring and offers UV protection. 

Thanks everyone

Paul

Post by Paul »

Not had it done on mine, but you can get an idea of prices here.....

http://www.exclusivecarcare.co.uk/gtechniq/
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
B737NGWS

Post by B737NGWS »

I had Gyeon MOHS+ applied by our detailer at OPC Sheffield before handover. Machine polished and serum applied cost £510.

IMG_1157.JPG

IMG_0718.JPG

Water beads lovely on the car and very easy to clean. Did not have interior done - just bought Porsche leather cleaner and conditioner and it works very well on seats keeping natural new 'dull' not shiny look.
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

All my cars are Gtechnic CS black topped with exo 3. All were machine polished and had the complete total surface protection.
CS Black has been updated to CS ultra black which has a 9 year guarantee instead of 7 as well as other small improvements.

The process took around 4 days at a pro authorised Gtechniq detailer. I paid a lot less than the new pricing (new price increased earlier this year).
I have had other cars done since the price increases and as an existing customer I am charged the old pricing 😀.
Cost approx £850. Costs will vary depending on expertise etc.

It’s just so easy to wash the car especially the wheels.
You can price it up on the Gtechniq website but I would think detailers will be negotiable to an extent. My detailer has an approx 3 month waiting list which says it all. And it’s been like that for over a year 😳.
Water is still beading a year on.

https://gtechniq.com/service/

If you want to save money don’t bother getting the interior done.
What Is important is not only what product is put on but who puts it on.
My detailer spotted a problem with an alloy (not porsche) which was then changed by the dealer and then once changed over re detailed the alloy at no additional costs.

My advise would be if you are NOT going to wash it yourself I would not bother.
Also if you don’t plan on keeping the car for a reasonable time again I would not go the whole hog.
Just get an alternative product you can do yourself.

Have a read of Col Lamb thread on detailing \ washing which is very useful

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=5106&p=102290&hili ... ng#p102290
GTS 😀