Birthday inspection

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
microbe

Post by microbe »

I have received an invite from Mid Sussex Porsche to take my car in for a detailed annual inspection as it just 5 days over it's first birthday. They are asking for £199 for what is basically software updates and visual inspections of brakes, tyres, lights etc etc etc.

I might ask if an oil change can be included in that price otherwise it's poor value.

I am aware of all of the discussions around an annual oil change and it not being necessary but I am old enough to remember that if you did nothing else you changed the oil annually
Porsche Macan S - www.porsche-code.com/PHH2H4S9

VanB

Post by VanB »

If you follow the service guidelines you are covered if anything goes wrong which is an oil change every 20k miles or 24 months whichever comes sooner. If I were keeping a car long term I'd be inclined to change the oil annually just to be on the safe side.

£199 for an annual inspection that you don't need is taking the piss a bit.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
happy days

Post by happy days »

+1
Macan S D
718 S
Paul

Post by Paul »

+2
We used to carry out FREE winter health checks in the hope we could sell a tyre or two and maybe a pair if blades or some anti-freeze!

(PS - if you need a visual inspection of your lights and you’re in the Bristol area, I’ll only charge you £50!😂😂 )
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Semerka posted in 'Latest PCM software - Nov 17' that "when my car went in for it's first oil service to OPC Guildford, I was told by them that there was no PCM update available. And if there was it would cost me £360 to have it installed." If your OPC will not do that FOC, but it's done in this £199 charge, then POSSIBLY worth considering.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

microbe wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:01 pm I have received an invite from Mid Sussex Porsche to take my car in for a detailed annual inspection as it just 5 days over it's first birthday. They are asking for £199 for what is basically software updates and visual inspections of brakes, tyres, lights etc etc etc.

I might ask if an oil change can be included in that price otherwise it's poor value.

I am aware of all of the discussions around an annual oil change and it not being necessary but I am old enough to remember that if you did nothing else you changed the oil annually
I have to agree with the annual oil change - I still think it is a good idea - I am not an "lubricating oil expert though".

I will be very surprised if they do it as part of your £199 inspection - Porsche oil is very expensive :? :? :?
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

microbe wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:01 pm I have received an invite from Mid Sussex Porsche to take my car in for a detailed annual inspection as it just 5 days over it's first birthday. They are asking for £199 for what is basically software updates and visual inspections of brakes, tyres, lights etc etc etc.

Porsche seem keen for me to change the oil every 10k miles, which for me is more frequently than annually. I got the car at the end of March and am already on 12k.

You won't get the oil change thrown in, as that's £300 on its own.

The last two times that I've taken my car in, they've completed software updates free of charge.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018