Porsche Masterclass

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Retired

Post by Retired »

Retired wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:51 pm
andreas wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:39 pm Why did they wait a month? I'd have thought that information should have been given at delivery.
They probably didn't have anyone who understands it. I've bought cars off 2 OPCs and test driven with a couple of others. Neither sales or service have had much of a clue about the Connect products, or even some of the other car systems such as PSE, PASM etc.

Would not be surprised if the 'Masterclass' is being delivered by someone from Porsche themselves and not the OPC.

Anyway, should be intuitive to use and not require a 'masterclass.'

Porsche have created a multi lingual Porsche Connect Support centre ( based in Germany I think) which you can contact with Connect issues / questions. I've used it and the person I spoke with was competent and able to understand and answer my questions.

However, the fact that Porsche needed to create this at all is indicative of serious design usability issue.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

When I worked for Bentley, they often arranged for a second car handover a few weeks later as most customers just wanted to drive away when first collecting their car. More likely to get their attention when that initial excitement has passed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
oldpilot

Post by oldpilot »

When I took delivery of my new Macan in September, the SE spent nearly 2 hours going over everything and I have to admit that quite a lot went over my head at the time. I muddled along with the Good To Know app and quite a lot of helpful stuff on this forum.

Then like others, I got the invite to the Masterclass and I rang my OPC to ask what it was all about. My SE explained that it was a Porsche initiative to get in touch after you'd owned the car for a few weeks to get you back to go over anything you might have missed - or might have forgotten.

I thought it a really good idea and I plan to go soon and let the same SE go over the finer points again. There are so many menus behind the menus that I'm sure I'd never use some of the features unless I get reminded - yet again.

At 72 I'm not as sharp as I was - but I still know what all the switches do in a 747!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

And I'm guessing that a 747 has even more buttons/switches than a Macan!?
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

oldpilot wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:16 pm When I took delivery of my new Macan in September, the SE spent nearly 2 hours going over everything and I have to admit that quite a lot went over my head at the time. I muddled along with the Good To Know app and quite a lot of helpful stuff on this forum.

Then like others, I got the invite to the Masterclass and I rang my OPC to ask what it was all about. My SE explained that it was a Porsche initiative to get in touch after you'd owned the car for a few weeks to get you back to go over anything you might have missed - or might have forgotten.

I thought it a really good idea and I plan to go soon and let the same SE go over the finer points again. There are so many menus behind the menus that I'm sure I'd never use some of the features unless I get reminded - yet again.

At 72 I'm not as sharp as I was - but I still know what all the switches do in a 747!
Respect!!
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
JBA

Post by JBA »

Retired wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:43 pm If you need a Masterclass to use it it emphasises just how bad the usability of the system is.
Amen to that 😊
Macan GTS Mark 1 - bought new 2017 and sold 2024
Macan GTS Mark 3 - bought new 2024
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

Wing Commander wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:10 pm And I'm guessing that a 747 has even more buttons/switches than a Macan!?

It must be a bit touch and go, that is one busy centre console on the Macan? ;)
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

The SEs seem to have a lot of training days so maybe they are catching up (unless that's a euphemism for hangover).

The manual still doesn't list a 2018 model even though we've been buying them for four months so any information is
potentially 16 months out of date already?

I've only looked at the roof console once since we've had the Macan so have vast areas of inexpertise.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
Salty

Post by Salty »

I wonder if any of them would able to show me how to set things so that the radio/media doesn’t come on each time I put the key in the ignition. This happens on my Macan and my 2014 Boxster even if I turned the radio/media off before switching off the ignition. Very annoying!
987 Boxster S (sold
987 Boxster S (sold)
White Macan S Petrol, (sold)
Rhodium Silver metallic Macan GTS (sold)
Aqua Blue 981 Boxster S (sold)
Midnight Blue 718 Boxster GTS (sold)
GT metallic silver 911 992 Carrera S (sold)
Carmine Red Boxster 981 GTS
oldpilot

Post by oldpilot »

At the risk of sticking my neck out, referring to the 747 Flying Manual reveals that if you just touch the volume control (big round knob on the left), you mute the radio, which may well permit it come back to life next time you start the car.

If however you push and hold the aforementioned BRK, you actually switch the damned thing off and I guess it won’t leap into life and piss you off next time you go flying.

Have fun!