Porsche Macan Washer Jets: unblocking adjust replace

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Franklin

Post by Franklin »

Just had Reading remove all the washer jets and clean them during the 20,000 service, before embarking on a lengthy European road trip. Sure enough soon as we emerged from the tunnel the other side, one of them blocked up again ‼️🤬

Franklin

Post by Franklin »

Just had OPC remove all the washer jets and clean them during the 20,000 service, prior embarking on a lengthy European road trip. We had been having issues with them previously even though we’re using the Porsche washer fluid.
Sure enough soon as we emerged from the tunnel the other side, one of them blocked up again ‼️🤬
Having said that, not long after we took delivery of the car, the washer fluid bottle had to be removed, and the system flushed through,because when washing the screen, a gloopy residue was left on the parts of the screen not covered by the wipers , up the side pillars and along the roof rails..... horrible stuff !
Peterr9009

Post by Peterr9009 »

amac wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:48 am I believe there is a special tool to adjust the jets but it is very simple to make something similar from a piece of two or three core cable and a needle.

Just cut a length of, reasonably stiff, two or three core cable about 180mm long and then push a needle into the end of it with about 15mm protruding (use pliers to hold the needle and push it in between the wire cores).

It is then possible with the help of a torch to push the needle into the jet opening to unblock it. And provided the wire is reasoanbly stiff you can swivel the jet up, down or sideways to adjust the spray.

washer jet cleaner.jpg
I’ve just done this and it worked perfectly- thanks!
Peterr9009

Post by Peterr9009 »

I followed the advice and am happy to report that it worked perfectly - many thanks👍😀