Bumper scratch

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
GeoffH

Post by GeoffH »

Back from the supermarket to find a small scratch / dent on the rear bumper - clearly someone used my car to stop reversing!

Has anyone used one of the many mobile repairers such as 'Chips away' or 'Auto touches' - in the Reading area?

Thanks
http://www.porsche-code.com/PF8MVM34

VanB

Post by VanB »

I used Chipsaway many moons ago on a dinged bumper on my BMW 5 series. Did a decent job and probably still got the guys card somewhere.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Paul

Post by Paul »

The dent bit will probably pop back out being a plastic bumper.
Any Chips away / dent master type mobile repairer will be fine for a local repair; the quality and finish will be a bit dependant on the actual operator of the franchise but in general they all do a good job.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

We used Chips Away recently on our Q5, for the same thing. A 1/2 bumper should cost £150 plus VAT?

What is it with Xmas shoppers, they seem to lose their marbles? Last Xmas, the same happened to the missus car, rammed by some battered 15 year old Fiesta.
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
JBA

Post by JBA »

GeoffH wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:44 am Back from the supermarket to find a small scratch / dent on the rear bumper - clearly someone used my car to stop reversing!

Has anyone used one of the many mobile repairers such as 'Chips away' or 'Auto touches' - in the Reading area?

Thanks
Ouch Geoff H, that must be so frustrating. I really think that traffic and security cameras should be used to catch culprits who damage other people's cars without paying. Anyway I think you should be ok, as another member has mentioned, the dent should fall back out. Also perhaps try polishing over the bumper and you might be surprised at how the scratches fade. Good luck.
Macan GTS Mark 1 - bought new 2017 and sold 2024
Macan GTS Mark 3 - bought new 2024
JKNHants

Post by JKNHants »

Same thing Geoff only to inside wheel arch. Chips Away referred me to a local bodyshop which performed a plastic weld and local respray for £190. Bloody irritating but immaculate result! Good luck!
Petrol S delivered Apr 16
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

I used a number of years ago Chips away and thy did a great job but they are a franchise so only as good as the individual.

More recently on one of my cars I used a PDR company to get the dent out which was on a crease as the paintwork was not damaged.

If you have not seen PDR in action just you tube it. Unbelievable results and was around £120
Ideally if you can you want to maintain the original paintwork which is what PDR will do.
GTS 😀