A few glitches

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
PJS

Post by PJS »

HNY everyone.

So earlier this month I had to have the Macan in to replace the nearside rear door window mechanism - it had broken leaving me with a window that wouldn't work. Tricky.

In the last week though the rear heated seats have stopped working (press the button - nothing happens) and one of the kids pressed this in error, and its broke. Any one else had either of those? and if so how did you sort it?

IMG_1367.jpg

R850R

Post by R850R »

"one of the kids pressed this in error, and its broke. ........ and if so how did you sort it?"
Not sure what you mean by "broke".

But if it's just been pushed in.........
In a similar, but non-car (instrument panel) situation, I cut a strip of duct tape (hi-tack) and folded it "half over" so that it had an edge I could hold.
The tape was then pressed to the pushed-in panel.
With a (mains) glue-stick gun a few small blobs of glue were applied to the edges of the pushed-in panel. Before the glue could harden, the tape was pulled with the panel and held in position for a couple of minutes.....sorted.
S with an oil-burner engine and a few extras.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Re the rear seat heating - has the rear child lock switch on the drivers door been pressed? This isolates all the controls in the rear passenger area.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:11 pm Re the rear seat heating - has the rear child lock switch on the drivers door been pressed? This isolates all the controls in the rear passenger area.
Yes, we found this out this weekend, as well. :D
GTS \o/ - sold :(
PJS

Post by PJS »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:11 pm Re the rear seat heating - has the rear child lock switch on the drivers door been pressed? This isolates all the controls in the rear passenger area.
Doh! Thank you. Saved an embarrassing call to the dealer ;-)
PJS

Post by PJS »

R850R wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:31 pm "one of the kids pressed this in error, and its broke. ........ and if so how did you sort it?"
Not sure what you mean by "broke".

But if it's just been pushed in.........
In a similar, but non-car (instrument panel) situation, I cut a strip of duct tape (hi-tack) and folded it "half over" so that it had an edge I could hold.
The tape was then pressed to the pushed-in panel.
With a (mains) glue-stick gun a few small blobs of glue were applied to the edges of the pushed-in panel. Before the glue could harden, the tape was pulled with the panel and held in position for a couple of minutes.....sorted.
Broke = should be a permanent non move-able bit of the panel - but now it isn't

That does sound like an elegant solution - thank you - think i need to take a closer look