12v Power Sockets

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

rossman999 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:20 pm The neatest way to permanently wire a dash cash is to use a piggy back fuse and take a feed of the fuseboard on the passenger side, the entire cable can be hidden under the door seal and above the headlining - 10 minute max
You mean like this?

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4740&hilit=dashcam+installation
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA

Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

What’s the point of a dash cam? Perhaps I just have a guilty conscience.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

The W.Mids is the 'crash for cash' capital of the U.K. The standards of driving, especially on the surrounding motorway networks has been declining steadily for years (we nearly got swiped off the M42, by a lane changing, no indicating, 15 year old crock of junk only last Friday). For me it's just a bit of insurance against future possible hassle. As an example, my pal had a motorbike ditch and slide into his stationary car, which had to go to Court to find him innocent of knocking the biker off! A simple video would've saved a lot of grief.
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Isn't it about time cameras were standard or a low cost option thus eliminating the warranty v wally gamble. For me they come before camera-aided reversing as regular sensors are more than adequate.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

nsm3 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:25 am The W.Mids is the 'crash for cash' capital of the U.K. The standards of driving, especially on the surrounding motorway networks has been declining steadily for years (we nearly got swiped off the M42, by a lane changing, no indicating, 15 year old crock of junk only last Friday). For me it's just a bit of insurance against future possible hassle. As an example, my pal had a motorbike ditch and slide into his stationary car, which had to go to Court to find him innocent of knocking the biker off! A simple video would've saved a lot of grief.
Fair point.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)