Facelift Macan to be revealed in April says Autocar

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

As said, it can look good on many cars. Porsche can "get away" with many "sins". Some terrible colours can look great on a Porsche - or am I just being biased :oops:

VanB

Post by VanB »

Depends on the model but I agree with you. Lava Orange on a GT3 looks great for example but would look awful on a Macan
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

VanB wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:00 am Looks good on the 911 and Panny but less convinced on the Cayenne and (probably) Macan. I followed a TT home last night with a full width light bar at the back and you wont miss it in the dark!
My wife drives a TT with the full width bar which like the 911 4GTS I think looks classy. However the wider version on KIAs etc can look like its trying a bit to hard.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
gw76

Post by gw76 »

Havent the Kia LED running lights 'conveniently' disappeared from every new model? (infact were they not on one model only for a very short time) ?
johnd

Post by johnd »

Rab J wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:31 pm ...the full width bar...
That actually sounds quite appealing. (Only when I'm a passenger of course :lol: )
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly
eakae

Post by eakae »

Wing Commander wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:52 pm
eakae wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:25 pm “...what appears to be a full-width reflector panel across the tailgate – a design feature that has already graced a number of recent Porsche models.”

Looks ok to me! ;)
Thanks for posting these pictures. I think it reallly highlights why, for me at least, the full width reflector looks great on a 911 and panny. There’s a natural edge there and the reflector blends in nicely. On a Cayenne or Macan there is no such edge. On both models (assuming the face lifted Macan gets it) it just looks like Porsche felt compelled to have a full width reflector to keep it consistent with the current range.

I personally think the current rear 3D lights on the Macan are a real design classic. It was something different compared with most rear light cluster designs. Porsche could have easily designed lights to match the Cayenne, again, to keep it consistent with the range, but decided to give the Macan a sprinkling of its own personality. I note other manufacturers have since copied the design concept eg Renault.

The fact that not everyone agrees is good as it shows we’re all different!
Current: Defender V8 CE
Sold: Macan Turbo PP
Back to OPC: Cayenne
Back to OPC: Macan Turbo
gw76

Post by gw76 »

Not so much convinced the current rear light clusters will go down as a 'design classic' myself.
Remember the ghastly preproduction rear lights 😮
Col M

Post by Col M »

Don't want a facelift do want the 2.9l
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Just been reading an article in this months Car magazine mainly about Audi engine updates but also with some references to the Porsche units that are basically the same. They say that the new petrol particulate filters will sap 30hp from the engines so it will take the wick turned up quite a bit to compensate for that. Makes me even gladder that I am getting my car before they add that even if the new model is due about the same time as the Macan update in he autumn. That said their not expecting the GTS versions of either until 2020.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Rab J wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:27 am Just been reading an article in this months Car magazine mainly about Audi engine updates but also with some references to the Porsche units that are basically the same. They say that the new petrol particulate filters will sap 30hp from the engines so it will take the wick turned up quite a bit to compensate for that. Makes me even gladder that I am getting my car before they add that...

+1.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018