GTS to Turbo PP anyone?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Mr Moley

Post by Mr Moley »

norfolk & idea wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:01 am Thanks Col. A big fat yes from you then. Cool.

And I wish I was doing the same as you Mr Moley. Enjoy and please feed back your findings : - )
I absolutely will! When have they offered you a build slot? What sort of spec were you thinking?

My motto re cars 'if in doubt, buy the fastest one you can' ;)

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Wing Commander wrote:Welcome back, Col! Happy New Year! :)
Indeed, welcome back to the fold Col!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Nice to hear from you Col Lamb 👍

To the OP, if I changed my GTS which is pretty loaded I would definately look at the Turbo PP.
the issue I would have is spending £80k + to get my spec 🙄.
Having other cars and toys makes me happy with the GTS and the wife does most of the driving too and she doesn’t want any more power.

There are better trackers out there imo and don’t invalidate Porsche warranty. 😊

Nice to hear opinion of Mr Moley when he gets his PP soon 👍
GTS 😀
FMR

Post by FMR »

I went from GTS to TPP. It’s a GTS with another 80bhp. If you have the £’s it no brainier imo.
New Macan Turbo Mar 20
991 C4GTS Mar 19
Macan TPP Mar 17 sold
Macan GTS Mar 16 sold
norfolk & idea

Post by norfolk & idea »

Mr Moley wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:15 am
norfolk & idea wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:01 am Thanks Col. A big fat yes from you then. Cool.

And I wish I was doing the same as you Mr Moley. Enjoy and please feed back your findings : - )
I absolutely will! When have they offered you a build slot? What sort of spec were you thinking?

Oh, not even got there yet mate. I was just wondering what would be a better choice than the Macan. And all I could think of was a faster one! And to be honest my wife loves it and is more than happy with the power level. And to be fair the GTS is no slouch. We've only had it 14 months so it's not quite configurator time just yet.
norfolk & idea

Post by norfolk & idea »

FMR wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:34 pm I went from GTS to TPP. It’s a GTS with another 80bhp. If you have the £’s it no brainier imo.
I agree. But to be honest I'm sure there'll be a cheeky wee tuner around shortly (if there isn't already) that could tweak your boost pressure and deliver an extra (reliable) 80bhp on your GTS.
N13LXC

Post by N13LXC »

norfolk & idea wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:16 am
FMR wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:34 pm I went from GTS to TPP. It’s a GTS with another 80bhp. If you have the £’s it no brainier imo.
I agree. But to be honest I'm sure there'll be a cheeky wee tuner around shortly (if there isn't already) that could tweak your boost pressure and deliver an extra (reliable) 80bhp on your GTS.
Racechip offer it, and allow you to set up to 7 drive modes all configurable through an App. c. £500 off the top of my head... however, worth bearing the following in mind:

- Warranty may be impacted
- Future trade in value
- Reliability issues
- Other upgrades required to make it manageable
- Breaks (pads, disks, fluid and lines)
- PDK remap
- Tyres (probably ok on that front)

worth speaking to someone at the OPC to see if they have any recommendations, suspect they may say buy a turbo with PP though! :lol:
Current: 991.2 GTS, Gtd
Previous: Macan TPP, C350e, B8 RS4 Nogaro, Tiguan, S3, A1, B8 RS4, A5 cab, Golf GTTDI x2, RS Clio 197, TT Cab 1.8T, RS Clio 182, Megane 1.5 dci, Clio 1.5 dci, Astra Merit 1.6 d
Roy

Post by Roy »

I'm holding off until the facelift arrives, before deciding my next upgrade. I'm hoping a Turbo S comes out during the facelift with 500bhp+ and contains the latest tech, since we have the GLC 63AMG and Audi RSQ5 knocking on the door now. Turbo PP is the daddy at the moment, but after seeing one next to standard Turbo I could not really tell any difference apart from the power label on the engine cover.

I personally would be nervous spending big money on a car that's in the process of being refreshed\updated.
SD - http://www.porsche-code.com/PH4YFGK7 Collected 1st March - Sold

GTS - http://www.porsche-code.com/PH6EC8N2 Collected 1st June 2016 - Sold
Mr Moley

Post by Mr Moley »

norfolk & idea wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:12 am
Mr Moley wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:15 am

Oh, not even got there yet mate. I was just wondering what would be a better choice than the Macan. And all I could think of was a faster one! And to be honest my wife loves it and is more than happy with the power level. And to be fair the GTS is no slouch. We've only had it 14 months so it's not quite configurator time just yet.
ah gotcha 8-) I'll let you know what I think when it lands this Saturday. As you say the GTS is no slouch, have been really, really pleased with mine.
Mr Moley

Post by Mr Moley »

Roy wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:46 am I'm holding off until the facelift arrives, before deciding my next upgrade. I'm hoping a Turbo S comes out during the facelift with 500bhp+ and contains the latest tech, since we have the GLC 63AMG and Audi RSQ5 knocking on the door now. Turbo PP is the daddy at the moment, but after seeing one next to standard Turbo I could not really tell any difference apart from the power label on the engine cover.

I personally would be nervous spending big money on a car that's in the process of being refreshed\updated.
You could well be right Roy but I can't see any facelift Turbo S/ PP being out for quite a while yet (usually get base, S, turbo initially).

If the RSQ5 looks great then maybe my R8 will go for one of those and the Macan for a 911 of some description. I do love the Macan though, have never driven an SUV quite like it!

The GLC looks very appealing on paper and will no doubt sound great but the GLC has well documented issues with crabbing and as for Mercedes customer service.... :evil: