GTS to Turbo PP anyone?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
norfolk & idea

Post by norfolk & idea »

Hi pop pickers,

Has anyone gone for this? My wife and I love the GTS and I honestly can't think of a more suitable daily. Now that SWMBO has got used to the elevated driving position she won't go back down to a saloon type car. Not without protest anyway.
Obviously being a bloke a bit more poke in a car is always appealing. I just wondered what the PP was like. And do you think there'll be any offers on the go just before the Macan facelift comes out?
It's 85% my wife's wheels as I have my own toys but it's a lovely car to drive and I grab the keys when I get chance- Note to self:- remember that fekkin stupid disc immobilizer thing when you shoot off in it...... :roll:

Cheers, Paul :)

nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

What disc immobiliser thing?
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
norfolk & idea

Post by norfolk & idea »

I should have said tracker. When we insured it a tracker was part of the deal and it's a PITA. I refused it for the 911 and I'll refuse it for the Macan come insurance renewal time!
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

Oh lol yeah, had one on my GT3; virtually every time I got a mile from home, the phone would ring!
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Hi
I have a standard Turbo and love it, the way the power is delivered is much superior to the 3.0 litre engines.

The Turbo PP is even better as its suspension is the same as the GTS, I went to the PEC a few months ago and got to drive a Turbo PP on the handling circuit, lets put it this way it devoured all the other cars on the track with ease, the power deliver is like my own Turbo but on steroids the handling is brilliant.

Later that same day I am thrashing a 911C4GTS as fast as I could yet an Instructor was showing off in the Turbo PP and he caught me up.

So yes the Turbo PP is a quantum leap better than your GTS.

I have no hesitation to advise, put down a deposit, go to the PEC and drive one hard and if you then think it is as I described its confuserator time.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome back, Col! Happy New Year! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Mr Moley

Post by Mr Moley »

norfolk & idea wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:21 am Hi pop pickers,

Has anyone gone for this? My wife and I love the GTS and I honestly can't think of a more suitable daily. Now that SWMBO has got used to the elevated driving position she won't go back down to a saloon type car. Not without protest anyway.
Obviously being a bloke a bit more poke in a car is always appealing. I just wondered what the PP was like. And do you think there'll be any offers on the go just before the Macan facelift comes out?
It's 85% my wife's wheels as I have my own toys but it's a lovely car to drive and I grab the keys when I get chance- Note to self:- remember that fekkin stupid disc immobilizer thing when you shoot off in it...... :roll:

Cheers, Paul :)
I'll be able to tell you this time next week - I have a GTS and am picking up my Turbo PP this coming Saturday.

Discount? Yes, but a small one, and hard won!!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Mr Moley wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am I'll be able to tell you this time next week - I have a GTS and am picking up my Turbo PP this coming Saturday.

Enjoy Saturday, Mr Moley! Well done on the small discount & don't forget to post your pics and first impressions! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
norfolk & idea

Post by norfolk & idea »

Thanks Col. A big fat yes from you then. Cool.

And I wish I was doing the same as you Mr Moley. Enjoy and please feed back your findings : - )
Mr Moley

Post by Mr Moley »

Wing Commander wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:29 am
Mr Moley wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am I'll be able to tell you this time next week - I have a GTS and am picking up my Turbo PP this coming Saturday.

Enjoy Saturday, Mr Moley! Well done on the small discount & don't forget to post your pics and first impressions! :)
Thanks W/C - full report to follow! :D