Rain X

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
stick

Post by stick »

Slightly off-topic, but the inside of the screen is very prone to misting up. Have to put the demist on full at which time the car becomes an oven. Anyone tried rain-x or something on the inside?

Paul

Post by Paul »

stick wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:10 am Slightly off-topic, but the inside of the screen is very prone to misting up. Have to put the demist on full at which time the car becomes an oven. Anyone tried rain-x or something on the inside?
One of my earliest “ complaints”........I used to drive (other cars) with a gentle air flow to the screen with or without A/C activated thinking I knew best........I quickly learned that with the Macan, through smoke, mirrors and witchcraft to just set it all to auto (and synch) at the required temp and the car does the rest! No more misting up.....assuming the screen is clean.
Last edited by Paul on Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Col M

Post by Col M »

stick wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:10 am Slightly off-topic, but the inside of the screen is very prone to misting up. Have to put the demist on full at which time the car becomes an oven. Anyone tried rain-x or something on the inside?
RainX makes an internal "Anti-fog" which I found effective in my previous car
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
stick

Post by stick »

THanks Paul. It is actually SWMBO's car and she drives round with auto and a/c and sync and temp set to 19.5 - and it still mists up.

Thanks Col M, I think I will give it a try, and hope I don't leave streaks!
VanB

Post by VanB »

I've found the Macan to be the fastest clearing screen of any car I've owned over the last 35 years, chuck the front demise on and 60 seconds later it's all clear although I am sure there are products you could put on the inside of the screen to stop it happening in the first place.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

stick wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:24 pm THanks Paul. It is actually SWMBO's car and she drives round with auto and a/c and sync and temp set to 19.5 - and it still mists up.

Thanks Col M, I think I will give it a try, and hope I don't leave streaks!
She certainly likes a cool car. Porsche recommend 22 deg and then leave the system in Auto to do its own thing. But obviously comfort level is a personal choice.

As Paul says, it is essential to have the inside of the screen absolutely squeaky clean. It resists misting much better and is quicker to clear when it does. Having said that, in 15 months I can't recall the screen on my Turbo ever misting up.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
stick

Post by stick »

She certainly likes a cool car
....wish she would let me drive it...

...have cleaned inside, will await complaints!
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Re the screen misting up, in this and other threads recently - if the interior of the car is dry and the ventilation system is set to A/C on, set to Auto distribution and temperature 20 to 22 degrees, and the glass is squeaky clean there shouldn't be a problem with misting up. If it does, where is the moisture coming from? Are the windows cracked open while someone smokes, are the carpets wet somehow, have wet coats been worn in the car, do you carry large wet dogs and are their rugs wet, has the pano roof been left open, are all the air vents fully open? Also check the PCM air con settings (Vehicle/Settings/Air conditioning/Air flow set to at least medium. Also, under Air conditioning, is the Auto air circ. box ticked?

If you have memory function, check that all drivers' keys have the same stored information for the air con settings.

If you've checked all the above and still have a problem then the OPC is your next port of call.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
happy days

Post by happy days »

Wurth make a decent interior screen cleaner - foam based.
Macan S D
718 S