macan stolen and then found

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Kasfranks99 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:57 pmBelieve it or not 55% of vehicle thefts are with the owners key.. This is an official 2016 Statistic. :shock:
Beware of “official stats”. If a burglary occurs and a car is stolen the crime is reported as a burglary. There is no separate report to highlight a vehicle is stolen.

So when vehicle crime stats are recorded this would not feature!!

Crime figures are a complete con. The government shows crime is going down. Truth is more and more crimes are either not reported or recorded. By closing Police stations they have made it more difficult for people to report crime hence they don’t bother.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver

Paul

Post by Paul »

Bazza06 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:09 pm
Kasfranks99 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:57 pmBelieve it or not 55% of vehicle thefts are with the owners key.. This is an official 2016 Statistic. :shock:
Beware of “official stats”. If a burglary occurs and a car is stolen the crime is reported as a burglary. There is no separate report to highlight a vehicle is stolen.

So when vehicle crime stats are recorded this would not feature!!

Crime figures are a complete con. The government shows crime is going down. Truth is more and more crimes are either not reported or recorded. By closing Police stations they have made it more difficult for people to report crime hence they don’t bother.

And even when the Police do attend, you need to specifically ask for a crime number; they’re not always keen to volunteer one without prompting! (No crime number - no crime!)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

I'm sorry to hear about your woes Roger. Not a pleasant experience but at least nobody was hurt and the vehicle returned presumably undamaged.

Can I ask what your insurer has had to say on this or will this be a conversation come renewal?
roger

Post by roger »

well ive just retrieved car from storage where police took it for forensics , they charged me £150 for taking the car there , the buggers.
now dropped car off at porsche dealer and ordered new lock which will take 10 working days , as thief has other key with skelton key in it i dont want to risk taking her home until new lock fitted . haven't mentioned to insurance company as no other damage caused by thieves that i can see . am i legally required to notify them ?>
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Nope no need to notify insurers unless you want your cash. Its only a claim if they pay you money. Your repair isn't going to be cheap though I'm sure.
Paul

Post by Paul »

I suspect you may be talking to your insurers soon....has your dealership quoted you for replacing all the locks, including steering column and for complete re-programming of 2 new keys...? I would guess well over a grand.........
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
roger

Post by roger »

nope , so far ive paid just under £500 for them to order lock and two keys , they didnt mention anything about steering column

but the way they charge its likely to be over a grand by the time they finish messing round

annoying im going to be without the car for at least 2 weeks now whilst this all gets sorted out

what a nause and complete waste of time and money , caused by these idiots

dealer didnt even have a car to lend me ,
N13LXC

Post by N13LXC »

Didn't have one, or didn't want to loan you one...

To be fair, I wouldn't be too keen on loaning a car to a place where a high end car had just been nicked, regardless of circumstance...
Current: 991.2 GTS, Gtd
Previous: Macan TPP, C350e, B8 RS4 Nogaro, Tiguan, S3, A1, B8 RS4, A5 cab, Golf GTTDI x2, RS Clio 197, TT Cab 1.8T, RS Clio 182, Megane 1.5 dci, Clio 1.5 dci, Astra Merit 1.6 d
rydercowan

Post by rydercowan »

roger wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:25 pm well ive just retrieved car from storage where police took it for forensics , they charged me £150 for taking the car there , the buggers.
now dropped car off at porsche dealer and ordered new lock which will take 10 working days , as thief has other key with skelton key in it i dont want to risk taking her home until new lock fitted . haven't mentioned to insurance company as no other damage caused by thieves that i can see . am i legally required to notify them ?>
Even if you are not making a claim it would be wise to give details of the incident at renewal, either to your present insurer if renewing with them or to the new insurer. That there has been an incident is a fact material to the underwriter's assessment of risk. If you do not declare it, it's possible insurance could be invalidated.
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Is there a register of stolen/ recovered vehicles? If there is I’m sure insurance companies would have access ... to sleep at night I would tell them, imagine if you had to make a claim in the future and it was declined! Sorry you had to experience what these .uckwitts cause.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊