macan stolen and then found

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
roger

Post by roger »

so early hours this am got a call from porsche tracker about macan , checked outside and no macan, told to call police to get crime number and then tracker got into action, 20 minutes later tracker called to say police standing next to my car, police then called 5 minutes later to go to meet the cops with car about mile and half from house where they had hidden the car no doubt to go back later - car now with police forensics (for a few days no doubt )- later found out wife's key stolen from work and then they must have found out where we lived - scary times but glad car was found so quick - was devastated when i went out to see she wasn't on the drive

roger

Post by roger »

so early hours this am got a call from porsche tracker about macan , checked outside and no macan, told to call police to get crime number and then tracker got into action, 20 minutes later tracker called to say police standing next to my car, police then called 5 minutes later to go to meet the cops with car about mile and half from house where they had hidden the car no doubt to go back later - car now with police forensics (for a few days no doubt )- later found out wife's key stolen from work and then they must have found out where we lived - scary times but glad car was found so quick - was devastated when i went out to see she wasn't on the drive
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Phew! Glad that you & the Macan are reunited! :)

They were no doubt planning to leave it there for a short while purely just to see if it had a tracker fitted! :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Col M

Post by Col M »

Wow even your post has been tracked 😁
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
VanB

Post by VanB »

Good result but nevertheless very concerning for you. As a matter of interest do you have entry and drive?
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

VanB wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:31 am Good result but nevertheless very concerning for you. As a matter of interest do you have entry and drive?
They had a key, VanB.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
roger

Post by roger »

yes i have that entry and drive thing , quite like not having to press the button on remote to open the door, when i got to car last night the cops thought the key was in the ignition and i had to explain that that was just a dummy key . the nause now is that ive got to get porsche to sort the locks out as the thief has one of my keys , that will take ages and no doubt be expensive i bet - most worrying thing is that they prob stole the porsche key from my wife at work and then followed her home . she doesnt take the macan to work so they must have just spotted a porsche key
VanB

Post by VanB »

Sorry WingCo - I did read that but was interested in entry and drive or not as there have been multiple posts about the lack of security associated with this feature so, whilst it wasn't causal it was nevertheless of interest.

I haven't specced entry and drive on the 911 because of the perceived lack of security despite really liking the feature on my Macan.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
N13LXC

Post by N13LXC »

roger wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:35 am the nause now is that ive got to get porsche to sort the locks out as the thief has one of my keys , that will take ages and no doubt be expensive i bet -
Will be expensive for your insurance company. That's what they're there for after all.
Current: 991.2 GTS, Gtd
Previous: Macan TPP, C350e, B8 RS4 Nogaro, Tiguan, S3, A1, B8 RS4, A5 cab, Golf GTTDI x2, RS Clio 197, TT Cab 1.8T, RS Clio 182, Megane 1.5 dci, Clio 1.5 dci, Astra Merit 1.6 d
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

At least you got it back - undamaged I hope.