macan stolen and then found

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
roger

Post by roger »

I’ll speak to the insurance broker tomorrow and get His thoughts

Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

the fact that the car was out of your control for a period of time and may have been involved in whatever and may have had who knows done with it would make it prudent to advise insurers of circumstances that might lead to a claim even if one is not made.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

If a Police crime reference number is generated, your number plate will be associated and this information will be available. I would expect this to flag on insurance databases if they query your plate. If you don't tell them and it surfaces, it'll be classified as a false declaration and in the event of a claim, will be an easy get out for the insurer. Personally, I would declare it with a heavy heart but perhaps send a written letter stating what happened because I have so little confidence in call operators taking down the right information and at least if it's in writing, you have recourse.

I have no direct experience of this but if in doubt, tell them. It could be costlier later if you don't. I would not speculate as to how the key was lost though as it may come across as negligence versus sophisticated or opportunistic thieves.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

My wife’s car was stolen from outside our house whilst we were on our honeymoon about 8 years ago. We reported it stolen to the police and insurance company but said we didn’t want to make a claim. We only reported it in case it was used in a crime. It wasn’t worth much money so thought it wouldn’t have much impact on our policy. At renewal, my policy on which my wife was a named driver went up 26% to reflect the increased risk at our postcode! They seem to get you all ways!! [emoji36]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

"...about 8 years ago."

Don't you know the exact date of your wedding, Hawkeye!? ;) :lol:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Strangely, I noticed after the event that the people who made my wedding suit had very subtly stitched the date of our wedding into the lining of the pocket, so always somewhere to look for a reminder to avoid divorce! That said, my wife forgot our anniversary last year!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Women, eh?! :roll:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018