Adding a 911?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Orangebulldog wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:47 pm Discount is almost 15k euro... and virtually no waiting time (but thats to satisfy the eager kid in me LOL). It has most of the options I would take (except maybe a bit of the cosmetic stuff like black xenons and tail lights, painted logos and interior package etc... And although those spiders are my prefered wheels, i would stick with the S model wheels. GT silver, black full leather interior, sports seats plus and sport chrono are must haves for me... now for the big one: I was actualy contemplating getting a manual again...

Just been thinking, nearly 15,000 Euros is over 11% discount!

How much profit do OPCs actually make on these cars?!

Giving away over 11% of the total price must surely be wiping out pretty much all of their profit margin for the dealership..? :?:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

VanB

Post by VanB »

Apparently Porsche make a $20000 profit per unit sold and it doesn’t take a Genius to work out that the biggest margin must be in different flavours of the 911. As to how much the dealership makes I expect it’s partly related to volume of units sold so probably pays them to offer a €15000 discount to shift a unit that helps them hit volume targets.

All total assumptions on my part of course [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
happy days

Post by happy days »

Many, many years ago I worked in the motor industry albeit for a short while. VW dealership. Coming up to the year end (March) the dealership would have to discount like crazy in order to shift the metal as they were paid a rebate depending on their car sales versus targets. I remember my brother buying a GTi Golf Mk II at less than cost price on 31 March as it was worth the rebate to the dealer. If they missed this sale they would have lost thousands and thousands. I'm sure things have moved on in the 30 years since, though...
Macan S D
718 S
Paul

Post by Paul »

Approx 8% of the base price (including options but excluding VAT) with a further 2% then 3 % dependant on acheiving target / standards / CSI......etc etc would be my best guess.
They’ll then get ad hoc incentives on run-out / old models / taking surplus production of slow moving models.........all in the UK (no idea about Lux / Germany but I guess it will be similar)
...and if they have committed to a stock car which is going to go fully paid they may choose to distress out if it too......

Edit, as happydays says, the last car sold in a quarter can unlock massive target achievment rewards.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465