3 Month Report

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 1895

Post by Deleted User 1895 »

Bigboyrolo wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:29 pm
derekm wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:51 pm
Panel gap: when I picked up the vehicle, I immediately noticed the panel gap on the front bonnet. I was surprised how large it is and that it is not completely even all the way round. I’ll be asking whether this can be adjusted.
So was mine. I had looked at many and the variation of fit/panel gap was signifcant, I considered mine was the worst I had seen. Colchester agreed, had it for 3 days and it came back as good as the best I've seen. I have no idea how they 'adjusted' it but its fixed.
667AA854-1E88-4DC7-9686-069AD578ED54.jpeg338B7369-67F1-4E5F-AE1F-04B3E2A3554D.jpeg945F3C88-A324-492C-8BF6-13A76604F5BB.jpeg
I like your spec and would have ordered Carmine without a Sunroof but was talked out of both my Mrs B and Mr B Jnr. Agree with all your other comments, but don't have any lag/delay as I pull away.
Wow! Now that is bad. I'll be getting OPC Bristol to look at mine in due course. I pointed it out at handover and the SE just went very quiet!

Deleted User 1895

Paul wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:14 am Re lag...when at a stop, rather than holding your left foot on the brake, a quick push on the pedal will activate the hold function (green wording cones up on dash) - maybe this will improve take-off

Re bonnet gap...there are two rubber bump stops either side of the bonnet which can be wound up or down to adjust the gap; best if the dealership plays with this as you can go from a big gap to the bonnet not closing properly quite quickly.
Thanks, Paul, there have been a couple of suggested "fixes" for what I ( apparently incorrectly) described as turbo lag. I'm aware of the auto-hold function which is very useful and I'll see if this might help in certain situations.
Deleted User 1895

On-Track wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:18 pm When it comes to being flashed by other road users, the main problem is that both bi-xenon and LED lights are much brighter than halogen (never mind tungsten!) headlights. All too many users think those lights are bright and look across to see if they're dazzled. The proverbial self-fulfilling prophecy!

A quick self check is looking at the interior of the car in front of you. If your lights make it look like daylight inside they're set too high, otherwise ignore the flashers.
Hi Peter. Yes, I am sure you are right that the brightness of the LED's fools some approaching cars into thinking that I am on full beam. Whilst this is part of the problem, I also judge that the lights are probably set towards the top end of their height adjustment and it would do no harm to ratchet them down a bit. One comment on this forum that nudged me to spec the LEDs went something like.... < The bi-Xenons light up the road really well. The LEDs light up the next county. > I loved that!
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Interesting review. My neighbour has the 640 (not convertible)

Agree the Macan is a really dirty car. I wonder if Porsche make girlfriends :? :? :?
Paul

Post by Paul »

ScotMac wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:40 pm

Agree the Macan is a really dirty car. I wonder if Porsche make girlfriends :? :? :?
Yes, but they’re also very high maintenance and you need to pay extra for any non-standard options .....😂😂😳
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Paul wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:42 pm

Yes, but they’re also very high maintenance and you need to pay extra for any non-standard options .....😂😂😳
Very true :D :D :D
John_M

Post by John_M »

Paul wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:42 pm

The standard ones are dear enough in comparison
John_M

Post by John_M »

Paul wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:14 am Re lag...when at a stop, rather than holding your left foot on the brake, a quick push on the pedal will activate the hold function (green wording cones up on dash) - maybe this will improve take-off
I am not sure it is problem as I only see issue very occasionally but normally use left foot to brake and hold brake (until put handbrake on)
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Retired wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:32 am Suspect that 'normal mode' is a set up to deliver best result in economy emission tests.

This results in a car which is often in too high a gear, revs below the power band and turbo not spooled up. All of this contributes to the 'lag'. It was true in my Turbo and Turbo PP.

Put the car in 'sport' and the issue all but disappears. The car in 'sport' is the car Porsche wanted you to have. The car in 'normal' is the car Porsche were required to give you for reasons to do with economy and emissions.

+1. It should more accurately be called 'Economy' mode, rather than Normal or Comfort mode. :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018