Macan Diesel future value

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
FranCK

Post by FranCK »

Collected my first Diesel in March 17 and for the first time took out PCP.
Given the facelift due and the uncertainty of the Diesel market do you reckon in 2 years time the car will be worth the final payment on PCP? £35k

Pondering whether it’s wise to change at 1 yr old?

Your views would be welcome :D
Current: Volcano Grey SD 2017, Mercedes E250 AMG conv. Audi Q5 2.0 S line + Audi Q5 2.0. Audi A3 S Line. Nissan Navara 2.5. And many VW Golf 😀

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

What was the invoice price including OE options minus on-the-road charges (car tax)?

What colour is the Macan and can you list all the options?
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
FranCK

Post by FranCK »

Invoice price £58982
Volcano Grey metallic
Porsche logo painted Black
Bi zenon headlights inc Porsche Dynamic Light System
Tinted LED tail lights with adaptive brake lights
Panoramic sunroof
Privacy glass
Roof rails painted black
Sideblades painted volcano grey
SportDesign package with side skirts
S Design exterior mirrors
Monochrome black exterior package - High gloss
PDK
PASM
Sports tailpipes black
20’’ RS Spyder design wheels - Black
18 way Sports seats
Seat heating front
PCM

On the rd charges
£384
Current: Volcano Grey SD 2017, Mercedes E250 AMG conv. Audi Q5 2.0 S line + Audi Q5 2.0. Audi A3 S Line. Nissan Navara 2.5. And many VW Golf 😀
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Hi FranCK, from one perspective, surely it doesn’t matter as you can just hand the car back at the end if you have negative equity. I would have thought that having a PCP on a diesel is probably a good thing given the uncertainty around prices.

My finance is with Clydesdale with HP with balloon, so there is exposure there if prices fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Hawkeye wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:11 am Hi FranCK, from one perspective, surely it doesn’t matter as you can just hand the car back at the end if you have negative equity. I would have thought that having a PCP on a diesel is probably a good thing given the uncertainty around prices.

+1.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Unless you put a very high mileage on it in two years, my guestimate is that it will be worth more than £35k.

Autotrader prices for 3+ year old ones are fetching more than that even with 60,000 miles on the clock. So even allowing for the trade-in hit, you should see £35k after 2 years. As you are on a PCP that value is under written as the minimum. Should the valuation be less than that, then you can always give them the keys and walk away.

The "diesel dust" might settle by then too! ;) In the meantime just enjoy it. :D

if you do decide to change after 1 year, the value will depend on whether you are buying another new Porsche or another make.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Johnsmith

Post by Johnsmith »

I would have thought you've paid a lot of that depreciation in Year 1, and the difference between your value now and another 2 years may make the next 2 relatively cheap.

PCP gives you a back stop as well.

When I looked there were 5 petrol S and 100+ diesels on the used section.

The cheapest thing is to pay off the finance and just keep it ten years, but that may not be what you want !
FranCK

Post by FranCK »

Much appreciated.. prob average 12k pa miles. OPC did say at the 2 yr mark they will tey to get you in another Porsche. Given the DPF issues i’ve had, the only way is GTS, just need to sweet the other half 😉
Spud

Post by Spud »

FranCK wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:59 am Collected my first Diesel in March 17 and for the first time took out PCP.
Given the facelift due and the uncertainty of the Diesel market do you reckon in 2 years time the car will be worth the final payment on PCP? £35k

Pondering whether it’s wise to change at 1 yr old?

Your views would be welcome :D
I think you would take to much of a hit after 12 months, I suspect you would lose VAT,Plus dealers profits etc, I reckon 2 years is the earliest to look, my Diesel is Nov 16 when I enquired around May 16 about changing to a GTS the loss was unjustifiable to my logic head, I have just ordered a GTS and when I look at the deal for various reasons it’s around the same as I was being offered last year, people will always want a good quality premium Diesel and I do believe the Macan SD will hold its value better than most, if Diesel sales are down then surely the second hand market prices will be good for such a car , well that’s my logic anyway
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
Col M

Post by Col M »

I can offer my experience from the other side I bought my 18month old SD for effectively the Base cost of £48K it was originally optioned up to £62K. My study of residuals has been you loose the options' value in the first year then about £1,000 per 10,000 miles. I guess the 2018 revision effect will depend on how well it's done! The significant improvement in the PCM in 2016 hasn't caused a large dislocation in values between models pre and post.

I am certainly one of those customers who had a fixed price point at which I could contemplate Macan ownership. I had a pretty fixed spec (8 keywords in my AutoTrader search field...panoramic, pebble, air, 360 etc ) but also a high mileage limit of 40k. So residuals will remain good imho as the customer base widens.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble