Hit a Deer!!!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I would not have been so sympathetic towards the deer :evil: :evil: :evil:

The guy I work with hit a big deer. He had to have the whole front end of his Audi replaced.

I would try a small / independent bodyshop.

happy days

Post by happy days »

Ouch!
Macan S D
718 S
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

I'd get a quote to have it fixed correctly on insurance first, that might guarantee none of the mechanical bits behind there are damaged.

We had a Maserati in the company that looked as if it had been in a similar accident which resulted in lots of little (in Maserati terms!) repairs over three years; all because it wasn't done properly first time round. The bumper must have distorted substantially to tear like that.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
Custard

Post by Custard »

I live in the New Forest, where there are about 100 ponies, cattle, donkeys, or deer killed or injured in road accidents each year. Deer are particularly vulnerable in that when the lead doe decides to cross a road the rest just blindly follow. It can take five minutes or so for the entire herd to cross, with deer repeatedly barrelling out of the trees and darting across at intervals.

One of the car magazines ran an article about the best driving roads in Britain, one was a stretch through the New Forest in an area that's densely populated with deer. Madness.
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Oh deer.....
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18