Bye Bye Macan

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Gleneagles

Post by Gleneagles »

I can see the Porsche dealer giving Paul his money back, getting the car back to standard and then selling it at a premium, so no worries at all for the Porsche dealer.
Personally I would have asked for a replacement car to the same spec and then if necessary paid a small pence per mike for the use of the car.
Probably finished up with a 14/64 plate for a couple of hundred quid!
Macan S Diesel on order May 13th 2014
www.porsche-code.com/PFUPJFF9
Delivered 29/04/2015

Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Genuinely sorry for you. As you said, 8 months is a long time to wait for a car. Could you explain what happens though when you reject a car? Any thoughts on what you might go for? Something which has been in production for a while I take it.

best of luck and keep us posted
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
Malk

Post by Malk »

Genuinely sorry for you. As you said, 8 months is a long time to wait for a car. Could you explain what happens though when you reject a car? Any thoughts on what you might go for? Something which has been in production for a while I take it.

best of luck and keep us posted

You will get the choice of money back or replacement vehicle. While they replace it they should keep you in it or a suitable vehicle too. You wont get compensation although I might be looking for insurance too, Paul will get road tax back as they will refund in full the original invoice value and clear any finance etc - this is major reason fro running with manufacturer finance, issues like this are very easily resolved. if you run private finance will be alot more complex to resolve although I think the finance company is liable and would have to compensate you.
Diesel S Taken delivery 12/04/14
Replaced 4/7/14
Sold back to OPC 10/10/15
Now proud owner of 3rd Macan Volcano Grey 2.0T **WHICH IS UP FOR SALE**
Ordered 1st Edition XC40 T5 :o

http://www.porsche-code.com/PHW6XE96
Piercy

Post by Piercy »

A very sorry tale but we have experienced how Porsche operate when a car is faulty and in our case they were excellent. Porsche supplied a loan car (911) whilst the engine was replaced and allowed us to use the repaired car whilst a new car was being built. They also allocated us an earlier build slot and only had to wait only 6 weeks from start to finish. Whilst having a lemon isn't great, it's how Porsche reacted which reinstated our faith in the dealer and manufacturer.
Giz9

Post by Giz9 »

I am not up to date with the idea of "rejecting" a car. A quick Google tells me that you have to do it within the first six months but are their any pitfalls to avoid? Does one avoid formally "accepting" the car upon delivery or is it just a case that if problems become unacceptable, you have the right to reject the car?

I'm hoping I will never need such a facility but is as well to be informed.
Diesel S - Dark Blue/Luxor Beige. http://www.porsche-code.com/PFRFZG58
Deposit 9/4/2014
Locked down 6/3/2015
Built 12/5/2015. Delivered 2/6/2015
Malk

Post by Malk »

You can now reject a car within the first six months with just one fault and i believe give them just one chance to fix, so second time it fails for same fault it can be backed and full refund has to be given. Not sure if an allowance for wear & tear comes in to play but as the assumption the car was faulty at time of purchase then i guess not - transaction would be null and voice at time of purchase so mileage done since is discarded - Can anyone else confirm?
Replaced 4/7/14

Scott Cowan

Post by Scott Cowan »

You can now reject a car within the first six months with just one fault and i believe give them just one chance to fix, so second time it fails for same fault it can be backed and full refund has to be given. Not sure if an allowance for wear & tear comes in to play but as the assumption the car was faulty at time of purchase then i guess not - transaction would be null and voice at time of purchase so mileage done since is discarded - Can anyone else confirm?

Correct. I went through a similar experience when I'd just taken delivery of a new shape Elise. They told me they had 3 attempts to rectify a serious fault, which after seeking legal advice was not correct. I did give them a second attempt to sort it in order to strengthen my position though. Luckily it worked out and I kept the car anyway. You're in an even stronger position if the car is purchased with finance. Wear and tear didn't even come into it.Scott Cowan2014-07-22 19:43:34
Manual 992 GT3 Touring (due January 2024)
2014 LR Defender 110 JE Engineering restomod 4.8L V8
BMW 330E (my wife's car)
Macan Turbo
Malk

Post by Malk »

Dont fancy flogging the Elise do you? Fancy something else...... Always fancied a VX220 Turbo just never seen a nice one!
Replaced 4/7/14

Scott Cowan

Post by Scott Cowan »

Dont fancy flogging the Elise do you? Fancy something else...... Always fancied a VX220 Turbo just never seen a nice one!

Sold it 2 years ago now.. Maybe some time in the future when my son is old enough I might look at getting one again. VX220s are good value and are almost as good to drive.
Manual 992 GT3 Touring (due January 2024)
2014 LR Defender 110 JE Engineering restomod 4.8L V8
BMW 330E (my wife's car)
Macan Turbo
pacmeoff

Post by pacmeoff »

All,

Thanks for your comments

The OPC bought back my car today at full price, still no ETA on part and with the August shutdown in Germany it may not be until September now. Must say the OPC have been brilliant and I can't fault them. I can see myself trying the Macan again in 18 months or so, The DP told me to contact him direct if I want to order again and he will make sure I get a car quicker than normal.

Went to the bodyshop today (Shorade in Cannock) which I must say are excellent, very customer focused and the work they do is of the highest standards, My Macan was parked up at the back with another white Macan S waiting on the same part, next to that was a Black Turbo Macan unregistered with 21" wheels which had rear damage from transporting it to the UK. They told me it needed to be ready early next week for the new customer.

Been to Audi today and I'm thinking of getting a used (14 plate) A7 Quattro 3.0 TDI (245bhp), loads of extras (HUD, Active Cruise, Self Parking, Comfort Seats, Advanced key and lots more...) and it's been in production for a number of years now, in fact the midlife face lift is due in a month or two and it's at a very attractive price.

I hope you all enjoy your Macan I'm really going to miss that growl on firing it up.