Insurance renewal

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

You’re an acccountant and yet you’ve renewed automatically? And you don’t do phone calls? I think you deserve to pay more! :lol:

My Turbo is £320 with NFU, and they’ve just quoted £46 to add the 911 GTS to the policy for the remaining six months. And I’m not an accountant! But it did take a phone call........
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:30 pm
My Turbo is £320 with NFU, and they’ve just quoted £46 to add the 911 GTS to the policy for the remaining six months. And I’m not an accountant! But it did take a phone call........

Sounds like a bargain, Nick!

My quote from Manning UK was somewhat more pricey! But then I live in urban Swindon, which NFU won't even quote for...! :roll:

And I suspect my mileage in the Carrera T will be somewhat higher than you'll do in the 991.2 GTS! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Yes Simon, there are some benefits to being out in the sticks!

NFU can’t confirm the quote until they have a registration number, but let’s hope they stick to their figure.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:44 pm Yes Simon, there are some benefits to being out in the sticks! NFU can’t confirm the quote until they have a registration number, but let’s hope they stick to their figure.

Yeah, Manning UK said they can't confirm/guarantee a figure more than a month before I get the car.

What's the latest on the ETA for your 991.2 GTS...?
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
andreas

Post by andreas »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:44 pm

NFU can’t confirm the quote until they have a registration number, but let’s hope they stick to their figure.
NFU quoted for my Macan before I had a reg number, on the basis of "XX67XXX", and kept to the price.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
happy days

Post by happy days »

MCDK wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:24 pm Happy try Direct Line as well, they cover NI and have on occasions been cheap for me living in the same country as you. They don't appear on comparison sites but you can get quotes online direct from them .......... lol, guess that bit is obvious as they are called Directline!! They also do multicar discounts like Admiral.

Having said all that I'm all three cars with Admiral again. From memory the GTS is only about £300, wifes GTI about £200 and old Polo about £130 all renewed late last year. Clean licences and a lifetime of NCB for both wife and myself.
I did, they were ok for the 718 and way out for the McCann.
Macan S D
718 S
Spud

Post by Spud »

I can highly recommend NFU, pricewise they were close to Admiral last year, unfortunately I had to make a claim through NFU absolutely no problem, I said I wanted to use an approved Porsche repair centre, I am told their are only 11 in the UK, even though the local approved repairer was not on their list absolutely no problem, when the engineer came out to look at the damage he spotted a few things that had been missed, no problems got them sorted, unfortunately you never know how good these companies are until needed, also NFU don't charge for policy alterations
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Happy days. I am another very happy NFU customer.

What I like about them is their policy is very good and nice to speak to a human and not a computer so thier decisions are not only based on a computer says no basis. There is no big call centre etc to go through. Just call your local office. You can even pop in and see them. Handy if you need to make a claim dealing with people face to face but hopefully never required.
The call should be quick and simple with an emailed quote pretty quickly too.
I have had a quote valid for 30 days bedsore having reg number.
I have changed a number of cars midway through policy and apart from no additional costs it’s handled and done very easily. Also they have no interest in asking you for a list of every single option you have added to your car. Admiral and some others I know do want you to list every single option (which most are not on thier list)

They are worth 15 minutes of your time.
My renewal this year was less than a year ago and considering insurance tax increases I was very happy.
GTS 😀
Col M

Post by Col M »

Bedsore is one hell of an autocorrect! Particularly a 30 day one.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Col M wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:04 pm Bedsore is one hell of an autocorrect! Particularly a 30 day one.
😂😂😂

The computer said no....
GTS 😀