Tracked down hit and run driver but Police takes no further action

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
gkasus

Post by gkasus »

alxgb wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:37 am
gkasus wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:19 am It sounds like writing to the other driver to ask for compensation, be it by myself or via a solicitor, is a good idea. In doing so, do I need to inform my insurer that I am doing this and not pursuing a insurance claim ? I prefer not to go thru insurance to avoid possibility of getting into knock for knock agreement by the insurance just like what was experienced by R850R's wife case (R850, thanks for sharing).
It's about proportionality. How much does the repair cost? If it's nominal, forget about it as it'll cost more in pursuit and aggravation.
Agreed. As I mentioned, if the pushed in panel could be pulled out by paintless dent removal, then it is not going to cost much. If not, my option is to go to Porsche Service Centre which is going to be expensive. I'll need to find out.

gkasus

Post by gkasus »

VanB wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:33 am If the damage is less than £100 to fix I'd just get it repaired and put it down to experience as it will cost you more to pursue the other driver than to repair your car. It is totally galling of course when it seems the other driver has got away with it but really is it worth the time, effort and expense to pursue it when there is no guarantee of a positive outcome?
Can't agree more with you.
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

As has probably been said before without any injuries or evidence to prove intent to cause damage the police will see this as a low level accident, a civil matter to be sorted between the insurers.

The offender coud say that he didn't realise he'd hit you and it could be difficult to prove otherwise.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver