Air suspension in Low

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

Low most of the time but i go in Off Road quite a bit too; even when just pulling off the lane to let cars past.

Sometimes it's a pity we can't get as much height as the old Citroen DS.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab

Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Dandock wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:54 pm I drive in low permanently. As I don’t drive off-road (who does?) I don’t see any reason to use the higher setting.

Even so I note that the suspension settles even lower on exiting the car. I wish it would do it before exiting.

Whilst I’m having a gripe: I wish the passenger mirror would not stay in the reversing position quite so long as well. It makes seeing the approaching traffic on a one way street when pulling out from a drivers side parking place a bit tricky.
If you press the driver door mirror button in the door console (the right hand one), it brings the passenger mirror back up to normal level immediately. You can use this to prevent he mirror dropping on occasion or to bring it back up sooner than it otherwise would do.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Ian.g wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:21 pm
Dandock wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:54 pm I drive in low permanently. As I don’t drive off-road (who does?) I don’t see any reason to use the higher setting.

Even so I note that the suspension settles even lower on exiting the car. I wish it would do it before exiting.

Whilst I’m having a gripe: I wish the passenger mirror would not stay in the reversing position quite so long as well. It makes seeing the approaching traffic on a one way street when pulling out from a drivers side parking place a bit tricky.
If you press the driver door mirror button in the door console (the right hand one), it brings the passenger mirror back up to normal level immediately. You can use this to prevent he mirror dropping on occasion or to bring it back up sooner than it otherwise would do.
Ooo. Must try that. Ta!
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
uktivo

Post by uktivo »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:00 am Low setting and sport PASM setting 95% of the time. Only select comfort PASM in urban situations with poor road surfaces.
+1
My Porsche history
944 (sold)
911 (992.1 - sold)
Macan Turbo (sold)
Panamera turbo S E Hybrid (sold)
Cayenne sport (the bosses)
Taycan Turbo loving it.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

I usually drive my Panamera on its lowest suspension setting & in Sport Plus chassis mode.

The drive mode is often in Sport, but I tend to use normal/economy drive mode when cruising on the motorway, where coasting often comes in handy to improve fuel consumption a little.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
antsjey

Post by antsjey »

Air suspension low, drive in sport, suspension in sport nearly all the time.
As per Wing Commander, drive occasionally goes into normal mode only when motorway driving or when car is cold