Extended warranty

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
microbe

Post by microbe »

I took out an extended warranty on my Macan in the first year as I will definitely keep it past 3 years. The electronics in todays cars make them much more susceptible to breakdown more than just mechanics and it included 2 years of breakdown cover. A no brainer for me
Porsche Macan S - www.porsche-code.com/PHH2H4S9

Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

So, having decided that I probably should take out the extra warranty (car is 1 year old next week) I spoke to the service people in Tewkesbury. Oh no, you don't need to do that now... you won't get charged for the 111 point check as long as you have more than 1 year of warranty left on your car when you take out the extended warranty. That's what we have done here as long as I have been working (4.5 years). But that isn't what I was told last month or the info on the Porsche UK website. Well, we don't charge for the check if you have over 1 year of warranty left on the car. So I might as well leave it for now.

If you have extra warranty and sell the car privately, it transfers with the car. If you write the car off, you can apply for a pro-rata refund of the unused portion as long as there are no claims on it. But if the car is sold back to an OPC, it is voided. They won't refund any of it and just start again with a new 2 year warranty. Mmmm. That is a nice money spinner. So don't take one out if you might trade in for a new car!
g5day

Post by g5day »

Been a lot of discussions on the pros and cons of the extended warranted, but just coming up to 3 years and so going to extend mine for another 2 year waranty. What I’m keen to see is how many actually paid for the inspection check versus getting it discounted or free. Thanks in advance.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PFG293P5
Guy

Post by Guy »

^ I'm in the same position and keen to know too! I was thinking of asking for a 'sweetener' like a Porsche range experience day (once they've worked out what the new range consist of, that is!) :)
Paul

Post by Paul »

https://files1.porsche.com/filestore/do ... /Macan.pdf

“111 point check
The 111 point check required to take out a Porsche Approved Warranty is included in Fixed Price Servicing at £217* for all Porsche models.”

“ Participating centres.”......and 2017.....but a good starting point.....😉
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

The payment for the check is to the OPC so it is up to them how much of it they charge.